“Dear Reza, I am deeply impressed by your text; have you considered having it published in a peer review-based scientific journal together with an academic scientist as a coauthor? With my very best regards . Yours sincerely" Professor Johansson
DANGERS OF EMR, WIFI, CELL PHONES,
MICROWAVE OVENS, SMART METERS, ETC. – this
document focuses on WIFI (WLAN) but also applies to other
sources of HF EMF.
MBA, BSCS, BA PHIL, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Gamma Sigma
“We don’t have any research that long term exposures to radiation is safe, and we do have research that these kinds of exposure can open the blood-brain barrier, can lead to neuro-degenerative disease, and even cancer.” Dr. Moskowitz, University of California, Berkeley
SUMMARY AND SPECIFIC CASE DISCUSSION REMOVED FOR WEB VERSION
FACTS ABOUT DANGERS OF BEING TOO CLOSE TO A WIFI ROUTE / ENORMOUS EVIDENCE ON DANGERS OF EMR INCLUDING WIFI, CELL PHONES...
The list of facts about dangers of being too close to a WIFI router is enormous. The following is a sample of this enormous body of work, and will be expanded on as time allows. There is so much material that it’s almost a full time tasks for several days to list them all.
What is very very clear is that being too close to a WIFI router (just as being too close to a cell phone) has negative health implications. Just because someone is too insensitive to feel it doesn’t mean it is not there. And just because someone doesn’t get sick after a short exposure (some, like me do – spending 20 minutes in an Apple Store gives me a headache that lasts for hours because of the heavy WIFI and cell signal presence – spending 35 minutes in a room that is within 4 meters of a wifi router gives me the same intense headache – and I know many others who feel the same).
· Anyone denying health impacts of wireless technology including WIFI is like denying that the Earth is round. Once upon a time, they believed the Earth was flat. A few decades ago cigarettes were thought to be safe. Telecom industry has fooled people into believing that wireless technology is safe. They are on the record for lying to public about it. Yes, there is an enormous body of evidence that links wireless technology including WIFI to health risks. Anyone denying this should never call themselves scientists.
220 scientists from 41 countries – who have published over 2000 peer-reviewed articles on the biological effects and dangers of EMF radiation – have demanded that the United Nations take steps to protect people from non-ionizing electromagnetic field exposure such as WIFI and mobile phones (see www.emfscientist.org) : “We are scientists engaged in the study of biological and health effects of non-ionizing electromagnetic fields (EMF). Based upon peer-reviewed, published research, we have serious concerns regarding the ubiquitous and increasing exposure to EMF generated by electric and wireless devices. These include– but are not limited to –… WIFI.. Numerous recent scientific publications have shown that EMF affects living organisms at levels well below most international and national guidelines. Effects include increased cancer risk, cellular stress, increase in harmful free radicals, genetic damages, structural and functional changes of the reproductive system, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders, and negative impacts on general well-being in humans… “. (APPENDIX 5)
· In a Lakehead University study researchers found that microwave radiation in the frequency range of Wi-Fi has been shown to increase permeability of the blood-brain barrier, cause behavioral changes, alter cognitive functions, activate a stress response, interfere with brain waves, cell growth, cell communication, calcium ion balance, etc., and cause single and double stranded DNA breaks at EMF levels as low as 0.005 w/kg.
· It's been known for a long time that non-thermal exposure level produced single- and double-strand DNA breaks ("Microwave Effects on Plasmid DNA", Jose-Luis Sagripanti et al.). 16+ studies have been conducted on the effects of EMF on DNA. The Reflex Report (by twelve scientific institutes in seven countries) confirmed long-term genetic damage in the blood and brains of users of Mobile phones and other sources of electromagnetic fields like Wi-Fi.
· Professor Franz Adelkofer: "This is real evidence that hyperfrequency electro magnetic fields can have geno-toxic effects. And this damaged DNA is always the cause of cancer. We've found these damaging effects on the genes at levels well below the safety limits, that's why we think it is urgent to base our safety limits on the biological effects not on the thermic ones, they should be based on biology not on physics."
· Dr. Agarwal et al.'s research on Fertility and Sterility at Cleveland Clinic found that an increase to exposure to EMR was correlated to a decrease in sperm count. Up to 1/3 of sperm count was lost due to EMR exposure. 50% of the remaining sperm showed physical abnormalities, did not swim well or were non-viable.
· Prof. Olle Johansson, neuroscientist at Sweden’s Karolinska Institute (famed for awarding Nobel prizes in physiology and medicine) warns that wireless exposures to our offspring today could mean “irreversible sterility within five generations” because of what he describes as a “full-scale experiment using our own kids.” “That’s 150 years ahead of us – and by then of course it’s too late to say sorry and very too late to say “stop”
· When I looked at the research I was quite concerned. If you're not concerned you have not spent enough time looking at the research. There are some really major major undermining issues things like blood-brain barrier bridges. The one I'm most concerned about actually is calcium Channel interference. Calcium channels are in your brain and in your nervous system and wireless radiation pulses interfering with the flow of calcium in and out of your cells. That's pretty fundamental. And if you understand how neurons function, and calcium channel signaling is used to kind of lay out neurons and make new connections in the brain, that's being undermined by wireless radiation and electromagnetic fields. So that is at the deepest level biologically undermining your mission as educators to help children make connections in the brain and learn. Nine children in Palo Alto have committed suicide since 2008... You want to look at the root cause issues (and not just support network but also environmental issues) that are undermining health, intelligence, and your mission as educators. I hope you take this seriously (and provide wired Internet and not wireless Internet in the classrooms)." Peter Sullivan
New paper: Cell phone and Wi-Fi radiation may cause Alzheimer's Disease
Electromagnetic Radiation Safety, October 6, 2016
A new paper discusses the research which suggests that long-term exposure to cell phone & other wireless radiation (e.g., Wi-Fi) may cause Alzheimer's Disease. The paper was published in the peer-reviewed journal, Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine.http://bit.ly/ADwireless.
· France has enacted laws with a high protective effect for radio frequency exposure. WLAN is prohibited in kindergartens and primary schools. It is off by default (except when it is used for a certain limited classes). French authorities have gone further and declared EMFs as the cause not only of EHS, but also of various cancers, and small children are especially vulnerable. They banned the use of Wi-Fi in nursery schools, and ordered that networks be switched off when there are no lessons in schools catering to children aged up to 11. A French court also recognized EHS as a real condition and awarded the 39-year-old claimant, Marine Richard, a £650-a-month disability grant after she described her “allergy” to electronic devices, such as her mobile phone and Wi-Fi router.
· Dr. Richard Gautier: “Artificial HF radiation from microwaves causes changes in the proteins of the cell membrane, which trigger a signal that modifies the level of internal calcium, then activates enzymes and creates stress proteins. Enzymes first of all set off a chain reaction, then, if the signal persists, the stress proteins block several processes within the cell itself, such as the messages between brain cells called neuromediators, resulting in a change in brain activity. In addition, exposure of the brain to HF microwave radiation for more than 3 minutes causes an opening of the Brain-Blood Barrier.” (APPENDIX 1)
· International Agency for Research on Cancer (IRIC), part of the World Health Organization (WHO), classified RF radiation as a “Class 2B” human carcinogen. The report refers to studies that suggest long-term exposure may have a carcinogenic effect. Given how relatively this technology is, even longer term effects are yet to be revealed.
· Studies show that exposure to power frequency EMFs and radio frequency radiation such as WIFI impede the production of melatonin and affect the bodies circadian rhythm.
· The most commonly reported symptoms of wireless exposure are sleep disturbance, headache, fatigue, and depression.
o Pall, Martin L. “Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression.” Journal of chemical neuroanatomy (2015).
· The same physiological processes that are targeted by psychiatric drugs are also impacted by wireless radiation (Electromagnetic fields act via activation of voltage‐gated calcium channels).
· Studies show EMFs exposures such as WIFI can interrupt sleep cycles and they are linked to a host of ailments and symptoms like: irritation of allergies, tiredness upon awakening, heart palpitations, muscle pain and weakness, and daytime irritability as well as generally weakening the immune system.
· Seven types of cancer have been linked to EMR exposure: Glioma, Acoustic Neuroma, Meningioma, Salivary Gland Cancer, Eye Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Leukemia. Risk of cancer in children is four times greater than adults, e.g., 680% increase of brain cancer.
· Independent research links WiFi radiation to a long list of adverse biological effects, including:
o increased blood brain barrier permeability
o disruption to brain glucose metabolism
o DNA chain breaks
o generation of stress proteins
o disruption of cell metabolism
· Studies have reported that WiFi radiation commonly causes such symptoms as fatigue, irritability, constant daily headaches and digestive disorders. And long-term exposure to radiation has been linked with many serious diseases including brain tumors.
· There are now thousands of peer reviewed studies conducted by scientists from around the world that show WiFi radiation to be harmful. Not to mention extensive anecdotal evidence. There are website that are full of testimonies of people that have experienced severe adverse health symptoms from these exposures.
· WiFi radiation drops off significantly with distance (called the inverse square law). Many routers have a strong enough signal to maintain a connection up to 100m from the router. Make sure you put as much distance between you and your wireless router as you can without diminishing the efficiency of your connection. Remember: walls don’t stop wireless radiation, never situate a wireless router behind a bedroom wall.
· There are now thousands of independent studies which link electromagnetic field exposures from supposedly harmless devices, which we all use in our homes and work places, to a long list of serious diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, suicide, epilepsy, to name just a few.
· Distance reduces RF exposure, so you could place the WiFi router away from bedrooms and other locations where people spend a lot of time, and turn off WiFi routers at night especially if they are close to a bedroom.
· A study on exposure to EMF reported symptoms include headaches, anxiety, suicide and depression, nausea, fatigue and loss of libido.
· Germany's environmental minister listed protection from EMS as a key objective. Israeli Health Minister, referring to students’ exposure to EMF via WIFI Routers, stated: "I do fear that there will come a day that we will all cry because the reversible damage that we, in our own hands cause the future generations."
· Austria’s Medical Association has issued guidelines for diagnosing and treating EMF related illnesses (EMF Syndrome). Who in their right mind would still contend that EMF, including WIFI, is safe?!?
· Luc Antoine Montagnier, the French virologist and joint recipient with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), is working on five papers on EMF health risks.
· In some areas in Geneva, such as the Geneva League Against Cancer, and some doctors' offices, have banned WLAN.
· The Biolnitiative report (www.bioinitiative.info/bioInitiativeReport2012.pdf) contains over 1500 pages of research, expert opinion, and evidence that links low-intensity EMF such as WIFI to:
o EFFECTS ON GENE AND PROTEIN EXPRESSION
o GENOTOXIC EFFECTS -- RFR AND ELF DNA DAMAGE
o STRESS RESPONSE (STRESS PROTEINS)
o EFFECTS ON IMMUNE FUNCTION
o EFFECTS ON NEUROLOGY AND BEHAVIOR
o BRAIN TUMORS AND ACOUSTIC NEUROMAS
o CHILDHOOD CANCERS (LEUKEMIA)
o EFFECTS ON MELATONIN: ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE AND BREAST CANCER
o BREAST CANCER PROMOTION
o DISRUPTION BY THE MODULATING SIGNAL
· In many countries, parents and teachers are lobbying to have Wi-Fi banned from the schools.
· A 2016 research suggests that microwaves can cause cataracts and raise the risk of cancer.
· A 2015 study in Saudi Arabia (King Saud University) links EMF radiation to diabetes. A renowned Professor at KSU indicated that EMF radiation “can cause many health hazards”.
· A Swiss EMF expert indicates most of the EMF pollution in our homes are from inside the home (e.g. WIFI router, cell phones) unless it’s situation very close to cell towers.
· Professor Dr. Joel Moskowitz of University of California, Berkeley indicated in a presentation at UCLA referring to the petition signed by 220 scientists including himself:
o Scientific evidence suggests health risks of EMR including
§ Tumors: acoustic neuroma, meningioma, parotid, pituitary & thyroid glands; breast
§ Reproductive harm: sperm damage, male infertility
§ Fetal development: memory, ADHD, autism?
§ Children: headaches, hearing, memory, ADHD
§ Electromagnetic hypersensitivity: headaches, dizziness, fatigue, insomnia, tinnitus, skin rashes, heart palpitations
o Government regulations fail to protect humans and other species
§ “the overlap of federal agency responsibilities ... leaves leadership unclear and encourages a pass-the-buck attitude.” (Cities of Boston & Philadelphia, 2013)
§ "the electromagnetic radiation standards used by the FCC continue to be based on thermal heating, a criterion now nearly 30 years out of date and inapplicable today." (U.S. Dept. of Interior, 2014)
· Existence of biologically plausible mechanisms (brain cancer):
o Pall, Martin L. (Journal of cellular and molecular medicine 2013: 958-965) Calcium channel interference
§ ELF & RF stimulate voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCC) to increase intra-cellularCa2+ & nitric oxide synthesis
§ Calcium channel blockers eliminate EMF-induced effects (23 studies)
o Blood-brain barrier penetration: Dr. Professor Leif Salford, M.D., Lund University, Sweden has observed that even low level microwave (e.g. WIFI) can alter the permeability of the blood-brain barrier and cause albumin leakage into the brain (damages the blood-brain barrier).
o Oxidative stress = imbalance between free radical production & body’s ability to counteract harmful effects via antioxidants
o 93 of 100 studies (16 cellular, 73 animal/plant, 4 human) significant oxidative stress
o Effects: disrupted cell signaling, stress proteins, free radical formation, DNA-damage -> carcinogenicity, neurologic disorders (e.g. ADHD, electrohypersensitivity)
· Dr. Levi Schächter and colleagues: "The results of this investigation showed that electromagnetic fields from microwave radiation have a negative impact on the eye lens. The lens damage by electromagnetic fields was distinctly different from that caused by conductive heat."
· The long awaited National Toxicology Program’s radiofrequency radiation research study results showed increased brain and heart tumors in rats after two years exposure to wireless radiation. ($25 Million US Government Study).
· Dr. Lisa Bailey, M.D., breast surgeon has warned that microwave EMF radiation is observed to be linked to breast cancer in women who were not otherwise prone to getting breast cancer, and had no inherited risk factors. Some were as young as 21 years old!
· Russian researchers affiliated with the Russian Academy of Sciences published two studies in Radiation Biology that showed that EMF exposure caused increased number of phonemic perception disorders, abatement of efficiency, reduced indicators for the arbitrary and semantic memory, and increased fatigue. A steady decline of the parameters over 4 years from high values to bottom standards has been found.
· Professor Dr. Yury Grigoriev, Chairman of Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, and member of the WHO’s International Advisory Committee on “EMF and Health”, noted that “The short-term and long-term potential consequences for society from exposing children to microwave radiation from cellular communication devices must be immediately acknowledged, globally, and responsibly addressed.”
· There are innumerable reports of people whose lifestyle involved heavy use of cell phone and WIFI who had severe health problems or died, e.g., a Swiss woman in her 20’s who was diagnosed with MS; an Iranian man who died of brain tumors; a Florida man who had cancers in three parts of his body which was directly correlated with EMR exposure, a 17 year old UK girl who had heavy exposure to EMF by being a heavy mobile phone user died from brain tumors, and the list goes on and on.
· An Italian Supreme Court ruling in case number 17438: 3-12.10.2012, linked brain tumor to EMF radiation. Blind protocols, free from errors, bias and financial conditioning factors reveal a cause-effect relationship between EMR exposure and statistically significant increases (up to a doubling) of ipsilateral head tumor risk, with biological plausibility. Non-blind protocols, which instead are affected by errors, bias and financial conditioning factors, give systematic underestimate of such risks (up to an apparent, implausible protecting effect).
· City of Berkeley, California, has passed a measure requiring warnings customers that some microwave emitting products could be hazardous to their health by emitting dangerous levels of cancer-causing radiation.
· Dr. Barrie Trower, a former Royal Navy Microwave Weapons Expert and former cold-war captured spy debriefer for the UK Intelligence Services lectures around the world on hidden dangers from microwave weapons and every-day microwave technologies such as mobile-phones and Wi-Fi.
o “Microwaves then were being used, as they are today, as stealth weapons. Stealth weapons specifically to cause severe neurological and physiological damage. There never, ever was any safe level of microwave radiation."
o "The damage caused by microwave radiation is irrefutable. There never is any doubt. There never was."
· Many studies seem to confirm there is a strong link between high intensity EMF (e.g. cell phone, close proximity with WIFI router) and risk of brain cancer.
· Dr. John Aitken (University of Newcastle, Australia) found that EMR exposure was linked to reduced vitality and motility of sperm at far far far below what the FCC limit is (does the FCC have ulterior motives, like special relationship with Telecom lobby?). The study also showed clear evidence of FNA damage at 'non-heating' levels of exposure.
· Dr. Martin Blank asserts the harmful effects of EMR. (APPENDIX 2).
· A Swiss EMR expert, Marcel Hofmann (MSEE) states: “The potential health effects of electromagnetic radiation are, unfortunately, often too much underestimated. There are a large number of scientific studies which clearly show that EMR has an impact on our health. This applies to all types of sources, such as mobile and cordless phones, and Wi-Fi. Although WLAN (wifi) has a weaker transmission power than other stations, it is no less harmful. The impact on health depends not only on the strength of the signal, but also on their nature. So WLAN radiation among others can cause sleep disturbances, headache, and nausea. The WLAN Access Point located only 2 meters, the field strength of the radiation may well reach 1 to 2 volts per meter (V/m). Construction biologists give for sleeps but a guideline of 0.006 V/m. For these reasons, the wireless stations must as far away as possible from the bedrooms and are preferably turned off at night.
· A Swiss EMR expert, Albert Gort contends that even a 5-6 meter distance to a WIFI router is too short, and should be longer.
· UK business man Ian Phillips died of brain cancer which he attributed to heavy exposure to EMR.
· EMF-Portal Information Center of the RWTH University in Aachen (Germany) has established a scientific database on the effects of EMF. Excerpts from many of the studies show physical and biological harmful effects of EMR to health.
· Daniel Favre, Dr. Phil. Nat., Brent, Switzerland is one of many activist doctors who believes EMR to be harmful to health.
· Louis Slesin PhD, the well respected Editor of Microwave News cited a study in 2016 that shows EMR boosts cancer rates / brain tumors in animals.
· Industry has sponsored studies to help it deceive the public about dangers of EMR. Close examination of some of those studies reveals them to be fraud!! (e.g. excluding heaviest users, business users, comparing “exposed” to “exposed” where you wouldn’t expect differential, etc.
· TOP SECRET documents referred by Dr. Barrie Trower:
o From a U.S. conference: "Concerning low level microwaves, we can change behavior of cells, tissue... Whole organisms have a six times higher fetal mortality rate, birth defects and induce malignant tumors in human cells."
o From a government course: "Students (scientists) will be familiar with current knowledge, ie. cancer, memory, brain function damage to the eye, skin, birth defects from low level microwave radiation."
o Naval Medical Research Institute: Biological and Clinical Manifestations Attributed to Microwave Radiation (Low-Level) which lists 2,000 medical references with the main paper, Altered Menstrual and Fetal Development.
o World Health Organization (W.H.O.): Biological Effects: Health and Excess Mortality from Artificial Irradiation of Radio Frequency, Microwave Radiation. The paper was the result of a symposium held in Warsaw and has been referred to by many experts.
· Health Canada scientist, James McNamee, admitted that the Safety Code 6 guideline for microwave radiation (which includes radiation from most of the devices we are concerned about like mobile phones, cell phone antennas, Wi-Fi, wireless toys and baby monitors, smart meters etc.) is based ONLY on preventing a heating effect, which is immensely naïve and ignorant. Current standards are hugely outdated, fanatic, and ignorant of an enormous body of evidence about the harms of EMR.
· In an August 2016 Austrian Workers' Compensation Board (AUVA) publication it is noted that
o EMR damages the genetic material (DNA)
o The damage mechanism is oxidative cellular stress
o The lesions are athermal effects, which do not protect the applicable limit
· Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Mosgöller: (translated) “Low dose electromagnetic EM fields increases the oxidative stress of the cells with all its consequences. Conclusion: Just as the (false assumption that) the Earth is flat, so little is done to protect the current limits against oxidative stress and its effects.”
· Brookhaven National Lab study (Volkow) published in JAMA has shown that EMR caused increased brain glucose metabolism, due to changes in neurotransmitter release, cell membrane permeability, cell excitability, or calcium efflux.
· Caltech neurologists confirmed that even very weak and varying electric fields in brain tissue significantly affect neuronal behavior. A WIFI router should be placed as far as possible (minimum 10 meters away), or preferable not used at all.
· DNA is more sensitive than other tissues to EMF. DAN's 'coil of coils' structure creates a 'fractal antenna'. DNA possesses the two structural characteristics of fractal antennas: electronic conduction and self-symmetry, which contribute to DNA's greater reactivity to EMFs. Columbia University's Dr. Blank & Goodman proposed to use changes in DNA biochemistry as measure of EMF radiation.
· "Finally, multiple human epidemiological studies from a number of major industrial countries report statistically significant risks for brain, eye, hearing nerve, salivary gland, and leukemia cancers from exposure to RFR. Additionally, there are cell, animal and human studies showing deleterious effects on sperm including but not limited to sperm DNA fragmentation." -Lloyd Morgan, Engineer, Scientific Advisor, Environmental Health Trust
· "Wi-Fi in schools, in contrast to wired internet connections, will increase risk of neurologic impairment and long-term risk of cancer in students. Promoting wireless technology in schools disregards current health warnings from international science and public health experts in this field." -Lennart Hardell, MD, PhD, and Michael Carlberg, MSc, Department of Oncology, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
· "Wi-Fi and Cell Towers are "likely hazardous and unsafe for students, staff and teachers...Some 100 years back, we learned the hard lessons of ionizing radiation and the need for strict health protections – now we must openly face the possibility that we must take a seat in life’s school and learn again. This time it is about non-ionizing radiation." -Dr. Olle Johansson, Karolinska Institute
· Dr. Leif Salford is a neurosurgeon at Lund University Hospital, and Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery.
o NON-THERMAL EFFECTS OF EMF UPON THE MAMMALIAN BRAIN http://www.icems.eu/docs/Salford.pdf
o RADIOFREQUENCY AND EXTREMELY LOW-FREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD EFFECTS ON THE BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER, http://weepinitiative.org/LINKEDDOCS/health/nittby.PDF
o ELECTROMAGNETIC EMISSION AT MICRON WAVELENGTHS FROM ACTIVE NERVES http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1367349/pdf/biophysj00698-0063.pdf
o EFFECTS OF MICROWAVES AND RADIO FREQUENCY ENERGY ON THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=AD0698195
o ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD INTERACTIONS WITH BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS http://www.fasebj.org/content/7/2/272.full.pdf
o CAN PUBLIC HEALTH POLICY DECISIONS BE MADE ON THE BASIS OF CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DATA ON ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD INTERACTIONS WITH BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS? http://www.goaegis.com/articles/frey1100.pdf
· "Radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation from wifi and cell towers can exert a disorganizing effect on the ability to learn and remember, and can also be destabilizing to immune and metabolic function. This will make it harder for some children to learn, particularly those who are already having learning or medical problems in the first place." - Dr. Martha Herbert, Harvard Pediatric Neurologist
· "Wi-Fi networks in schools and cell towers on your school grounds could significantly increase the cancer risk in your community," - Anthony B. Miller, MD FACE, Professor Emeritus Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, World Health Organization Advisor,
· "The exposure levels of the Federal Communications Commission are totally outdated and do not protect the health of the public, especially of children. I urge you to abandon any plans for wireless communication within schools. It is of course critical that all children have access to the internet, but when this is done through wired connections they will not be exposed to excessive electromagnetic fields." -David O. Carpenter, M.D. University of Albany
· "In 2015, 206 international scientists signed a statement sent to the United Nations Secretary General and to member states, stating that international safety guidelines and standards are inadequate to protect human health . Each of these 206 scientists from 40 countries had scientific publications on biological effects of such EMFs and therefore each is well qualified to judge this. It can be seen from this statement to the UN, that there is a strong scientific consensus that current safety guidelines and standards are inadequate because they do not take into consideration all of the non-thermal health effects produced by various EMF exposures. " -Martin L. Pall, Professor Emeritus, Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences, Washington State University
· It became clear to AAEM physicians that by the mid 1990’s patients were experiencing adverse health reactions and disease as a result of exposure to electromagnetic fields. In the last five years with the advent of wireless devices, there has been an exponential increase in the number of patients with radio frequency induced disease... Numerous peer reviewed, published studies correlate radio frequency exposure with a wide range of health conditions and diseases. These include neurological and neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease, ALS, paresthesias, dizziness, headaches and sleep disruption as well as cardiac, gastrointestinal and immune disease, cancer, developmental and reproductive disorders, and electromagnetic sensitivity.
· "Compelling research raises the possibility of very serious harm to children from radiofrequency radiation exposures well below “FCC compliant” levels. Legal does not mean safe." -Devra Davis, PhD MPH, President and Founder Environmental Health Trust Visiting Professor of Medicine The Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical Center, Associate Editor, Frontiers in Radiation
· "Numerous studies have shown generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) that can cause oxidative damage of DNA. This is a well-known mechanism in carcinogenesis for many agents. The broad biological potential of ROS and other free radicals makes radiofrequency radiation a potentially hazardous factor for human health, not only cancer risk but also other health effects." -Mr. Mikko Ahonen, PhD, Research manager of Finland, Institute of Environmental Health and Safety, Tallinn, Estonia
· “Despite assurances of safety from the FCC and the wireless industry, the international biomedical research community is showing, in study after study, that current exposure limits are not even close to being protective of living things. The limitations of that guidance have been highlighted by other agencies of the U.S. Government and by medical organizations.” -Dr. Ronald Powell, retired U.S. Government scientist (Ph.D., Applied Physics, Harvard University)
· "The implications of failure of schools to act with caution now regarding wireless radiation and technology, could potentially be horrific in both scope and magnitude, and may constitute neglect of children. Please act now to safeguard your children’s future." -Cris Rowan, BScBi, BScOT, SIPT,
· "Finally, there is the issue of liability. Will your Wi-Fi vendor or cell tower carrier be liable, or have they already exempted themselves from liability for health in their contact? If you find there are health concerns, can you get out of a cell tower contract with a wireless carrier? If you don’t look at the research after being informed about it, does the state of willful ignore exempt you from liability?" -Peter Sullivan . Founder and CEO Clear Light Ventures
· The Environmental Protection Agency drafted Stage I RF-exposure guidelines in 1995, and sent them around to other agencies for their comment prior to planned release of the guidelines in early 1996. Stage I was for thermal effects. EPA announced that Stage II guidelines, to protect against non-thermal effects, would be ready in 1998. TheTelecommunications Industry Association lobbied Congress to prohibit the EPA from releasing any guidelines." -Arthur Firstenberg of the Cellular Task Force
· "FCC standards do not consider the effects of radiofrequency radiation (RFR) emitted by WiFi on children or pregnant women " -Katie Singer, Medical journalist, December 1, 2016
· Six trays of cress seeds were put into a room without radiation, and six trays were put into another room next to two [Wi-Fi] routers. The tray in the room with wifi died. The other grew. The renowned professor at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Olle Johansson, is one of the impressed researchers.The trial, according to him, is absolutely brilliant: "The girls stayed within the scope of their knowledge, skilfully implemented and developed a very elegant experiment. The wealth of detail and accuracy is exemplary, choosing cress was very intelligent, and I could go on", he says.
· Dr. Lee Cowden moved to Arizona and had a wireless Internet system set up in his house. A short while after the computer installer left, his wife told him her heart had started to skip beats. Dr. Cowden checked her and found that she was in atrial fibrillation, meaning that her heartbeat had become irregular. It's a common cardiac arrhythmia but it can be potentially dangerous. Suspecting that the wireless system could have something to do with the problem, Lee turned it off. His wife's heartbeat returned to normal. A bit later that day, he turned the system back on and his wife experienced atrial fibrillation again.
· Dr. Martin Blank points out that physicists don’t think much about biology because they think chemical change and damage doesn’t come until you knock electrons out of atoms (ionizing radiation). But we’re a dynamic system. Our nerves are not sitting at zero base – they’re sensitive and ready to be firing. The criterion for damage are wrong and need to be revisited.
· US Department of Interior issued the following statement: “The EMR standards used by FCC continue to be based on thermal heating, a criterion now 30 years out of date and inapplicable today”!
· Journal of Andrology: “The results showed that human spermatozoa exposed to RF-EMR (radio frequency electromagnetic radiation) have decreased motility, morphometric abnormalities, and increased oxidative stress, whereas men using mobile phones have decreased sperm concentration, decreased motility (particularly rapid progressive motility), normal morphology, and decreased viability. These abnormalities seem to be directly related to the duration of mobile phone use.” (La Vignera et al, 2012).
· A study in Denmark revealed that mothers exposed to EMR during pregnancy had a 54 per cent to have children with behavioral problems and that the likelihood increased with the amount of potential exposure to the EMR. When those children were later exposed to EMR, 80 per cent were more likely to suffer from difficulties with behavior, were 25 per cent more at risk from emotional problems, 34 per cent more likely to suffer from difficulties relating to their peers, 35 per cent more likely to be hyperactive, and 49 per cent more prone to problems with conduct.
· Ukranian researchers have found out that 93 per cent of available studies indicate that cell phone radiation causes harmful oxidation processes in cells by the overproduction of free radicals. The authors write: ". In conclusion, our analysis shows that radio-frequency radiation of low intensity is a strong oxidative effect factor for living cells, with a high pathogenic potential". An "unexpectedly strong nonthermal character in the biological effects" is detected.
· Studies at the University of Haifa confirm that EMR (pulsed microwave radiation, e.g., WIFI, mobile phone) exposure damages fertility, endangers the male sperm and the healthy development of the embryo.“ “In almost any field, the results of mobile research are so extensive and unambiguous as to damage to the reproductive organs.”
· Dr. Lennart Hardell, professor in oncology and cancer epidemiology at the University Hospital in Orebro, Sweden, has studied the effect of EMR on brain tumors and has concluded that the higher the use of EMR emitting devices, the higher the risk of brain tumors.”
· Some scientists have dogmatically only considered thermal effects of EMR and ignoring biology. But there are many scientists who are considering using just thermal criteria as outdates and naïve. "Non-Thermal Effects and Mechanisms of Interaction Between Electromagnetic Fields and Living Matter", edited by Livio Giuliani and Morando Soffritti for the "European Journal of Oncology" - Library Vol. 5 of the National Institute for the Study and Control of Cancer and Environmental Diseases "Bernardo Ramazzini", Bologna, Italy.
· Livio Guiliani maintains that as the scientific focus shifts from the independent particles of atomic physics to the dependent molecules and greater complexity of biophysics there is a need to see temperature as a feature of the system, not of its components.
· Dr. Magda Havas’ study demonstrated negative effect of WLAN on heart rate. “People don't just feel ill, their heart begins to race and this is measurable with medical heart monitoring devices. What we found is what many people have said for a long time about devices that emit microwaves. “
· In her February 8, 2013 letter, Martha Herbert, MD, pediatric neurologist at Harvard, warns the Los Angeles Unified School District not to install Wi-Fi–and to opt for wired technologies.
· Effects demonstrated at exposure levels that are a fraction (0.04%) of regulatory guidelines!!! Those guidelines are probably manipulated by industry lobbyists.
o TNO Study (NL) observed headaches, muscle fatigue/pain, dizziness, associated with EMR exposure.
o Hutter et al. (Austria) observed headaches, cold hands or feet, concentration problem, tremors, loss of appetite and exhaustion associated with EMR exposure.
· Dr. Magda Havas wrote an open letter to all medical officers of health in Canada regarding the potentially harmful effects of WiFi radiation in the school environment. The letter includes:
o “Could you please consider making a public announcement about the potentially harmful effects of WiFi radiation in the school environment. Specifically, that schools should reconsider placing WiFi in the classroom for continuous daily exposure and that those schools that already have WiFi should consider turning the WiFi off when not in use, and disconnecting WiFi that is never used, in kindergartens for example.”
· Here are the different conditions and symptoms that have a link to electromagnetic radiation (source:
o Asperger's syndrome
o Autism Spectrum Disorder
o Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
o Immune Suppression
o Sleep Disorders
o Cardiac conditions including angina, arrhythmia, hypertension, and tachycardia
Electrical impulses are what trigger the heart to beat. This internal electrical system is vulnerable to outside electromagnetic fields.
If you are consistently exposed to electromagnetic radiation you may feel irregularities in your heart rate and rhythm. The electromagnetic radiation can also lead to increased levels of free radicals, which then impact inflammation. Inflammation has a direct connection to heart disease.
Here are a few of the biological effects of electromagnetic radiation:
o DNA damage and disrupted DNA repair
o Immune system suppression
o Irregular functioning of neurological, cardiovascular, and endocrine systems
o Leakage between the blood-brain barrier
o Impaired cognitive function and reaction time
o Increased sleep disruptions and agitation
o Disrupted communication between cells
Connect your home computer to the internet via an Ethernet cable, shut off/disable the wireless router. If you must have wifi access, only turn it on when you are using it. Turn off the wifi receiving ability on your computer or wireless device so it's not constantly sending out electromagnetic radiation searching for a signal.
· Several schools in England and France have dismantled their Wi-Fi systems after concern from teachers and parents. In late 2007, the French National Library removed all Wi-Fi systems in Paris due to health complaints from staff.
· The Austrian Medical Association published a recommendation to use cables instead of Wi-Fi.
· The Salzburg Government, the Frankfurt Local Education Authority and the German Teachers Union have also banned or advised against the use of Wi-Fi in schools.
· The European Environment Agency released a statement advising precaution regarding exposure to Wi-Fi networks until more is known through science.
· The German Government issued a warning to citizens to avoid using Wi-Fi in the workplace or at home, suggesting cabled connections instead.
· Michael Neuert, a veteran EMF specialist recommends a distance of 40 Feet (12 meters) from a WIFI router.
· Following the first Bioinitiative Report, Europe’s top environmental watchdog, the European Environmental Agency, called for immediate action to reduce exposure to radiation from Wi-Fi, mobile phones and their masts. It suggested that delay could lead to a health crisis similar to those caused by asbestos, smoking and lead in petrol.
· New study: WIFI connected laptops negatively impact male fertility.
· “Researchers have shown that our pineal gland can sense daily changes in the earth’s natural magnetic field, and use this information to help regulate our brain wave patterns and wake/sleep cycle. An example of electromagnetic interference (EMI) affecting human biology is found in the fact that artificial magnetic fields (like those from power lines) can suppress the secretion of melatonin from the pineal gland at night. This is important because melatonin is the main hormone which initiates our sleep cycle. It is also a strong antioxidant which fights cancer naturally within our bodies.”
· In a comprehensive review of the published scientific literature, the Environmental Working Group found 10 human studies that have identified a startling variety of changes in sperm exposed to EMF (lower sperm counts or less active sperm). These findings accord with similar results in laboratory animals.
· “A search in Pubmed for EMF finds over 2100 published research papers. Recently, studies funded directly by industry have come under question and the FCC is used as an example of a captured regulatory agency in business ethics classes at Harvard. Reviewing research in this field requires a healthy dose of skepticism. Many neutral scientists have moved from the camp of safety to non-safety.” Peter Sullivan
· A study in Belgium strongly linked EMR exposure to fatigue.
· Lennart Hardell, MD, PhD of Orebro University says “(T)he animal study confirms our findings in epidemiological studies of an increased risk for glioma and acoustic neuroma among people that use wireless phones, both cell phones and cordless phones (DECT). Acoustic neuroma is a type of Schwannoma, so interestingly this study confirms findings in humans of increased risk for glioma and acoustic neuroma.
In 2013 we called for upgrading the risk in humans to Group 1, the agent is carcinogenic to humans. It is now time to re-evaluate both the cancer risk and other potential health effects in humans from radiofrequency radiation and also inform the public.” says Hardell. “ This NTP evidence is greatly strengthening the evidence of risk, is sufficient to reclassify cell phone radiation as a known cancer-causing agent, and confirms the inadequacy of existing public safety limits.”
· Edinburgh Sleep Centre director doctor has stated that a number of reputable study investigators have concluded that EMF exposure affects deep sleep. A Florida Sleep Institute doctor has stated that such sleep disruption negatively effects a person functioning during the day, whether at work or school, be it mood, energy level, ability to concentrate, and behavior.
· Dr. Henry Lai (2014): Results of 481 biologic studies on the effects of exposure to radiofrequency radiation: 3/4 of studies yield significant effects.
· A joint comprehensive study between Sweden and American universities published by MIT found that EMF radiation causes headaches and confusion. It cites "more than sufficient evidence" that radiation "effects deep sleep". Professor Bengt Arnetz underscored that EMF radiation has "measurable effects on the brain". He believes EMF radiation activates the brain's stress system and inhibits the ability to sleep.
· Professor Doctor Norbert Leitgeb of TUG in Austria has indicated that "sources of radiofrequent radiation indeed have a negative influence on the well being of many persons."
· Effects of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) on cells and reactions with DNA, as in the cellular stress response. (APPENDIX 2)
· Dr Neil Cherry of Lincoln University, New Zealand presented a paper "Evidence that Electromagnetic Radiation is Genotoxic: The implications for the epidemiology of cancer and cardiac, neurological and reproductive effects"
· Because of the correlation of EMR exposure to loss of fertility, sperm banks are reporting a huge drop in qualified donors. One reports: Only 1 in 100 sperm donors makes the cut, compared to 1 in 10 a decade: less quality, less quantity, less motility. More than half the couples who want to have a baby need fertility treatment!!
· Bibliography of Reported Biological Phenomena ('Eects') and Clinical Manifestations Attributed to Microwave and Radio-Frequency Radiation
· Pall, Martin L. "Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression." Journal of chemical neuroanatomy (2015).
· EMF toxicity is so serious that some progressive governments have set up EMF-free zones so people can recover from the related illnesses, such as a Electro-smog-free “Refuge Zones” in France, Italy, and other countries which indicate “Protecting yourself from artificial High Frequency microwave radiation is now essential for living a normal life”. The fact is many people get ill from EMF exposure, and most do not know the cause. A court of law in Spain declared that EMF exposure as “a new cause of permanent disability”.
· Panagopoulos, Dimitris J., Olle Johansson, and George L. Carlo. "Polarization: A Key Dierence between Man-made and Natural Electromagnetic Fields, in regard to Biological Activity."
· Emil De Toffol: increase in EMF strongly correlates with increase in Autism. The link between EMF exposure and autism is now clearer than ever.
· Effects of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) on cells and reactions with DNA, as in the cellular stress response (BLANK, MARTIN, Ph.D Special Lecturer, Columbia University).
· Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy: Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression.
· There is a growing amount of scientific research on related wireless technologies that suggests possible adverse health effects. A survey of this research, conducted by Powerwatch in the UK, found a number of significant health effects from mobile phone masts (which use a frequency from 0.9 to 2.1ghz, close to the 2.4ghz used for Wi-Fi). There is, in fact, very little research looking at phone masts that has failed to find an effect.
o Neurological: headaches, dizziness/nausea, memory and concentration difficulties, insomnia, depression/ anxiety, fatigue/weakness, numbness/tingling, muscle and joint pains.
o Cardiac: heart palpitations, shortness of breath, heart arrhythmias, high blood pressure.
o Eyes: pain/discomfort, pressure in the eyes, deteriorating vision, cataracts.
o Ears: ringing in the ears, hearing loss.
o Other: skin problems, digestive problems, dehydration, nosebleeds, impaired sense of smell and light sensitivity.
o Research has also pointed to an increased likelihood of long-term effects – including cancer, neurological diseases, genetic effects such as male sterility, miscarriage and birth defects, as well as asthma, diabetes, thyroid dysfunction and bleeding disorders.
o It is also known that microwave radiation penetrates the body of a younger person more than an adult, so the possible long-term effects on young, developing children are of particular concern.
o Powerwatch (UK) reports studies on the EMF connection with human testicular cancer, damaged sperm and reduced fertility.
· In an EU funded research twelve institutes in seven countries have found genotoxic effects, and effects on gene expression and protein formation in cells vitro, under extremely low frequency structured radio frequencies at low levels, well below current international safety guidelines. Results like these indicate the possibility of long-term genetic damage, and other biological consequences for users of mobile phones and those exposed chronically to other sources of modulated and structured electromagnetic fields like WIFI.
· Research effects of EMR on human fetuses indicate: faster heart rates, more behavioral and emotional problems, genetic changes, altered brain development, cell death, autoimmune issues, more deaths in embryos, delayed development of babies. Animal studies show reduced number of ovarian follicles due to EMR.
· The autism/ASD epidemic is caused by low intensity EMFs (acting via VGCC activation) and chemical exposures (acting via excessive NMDA activity) which both act via excessive [Ca2+]i to disrupt synapse formation and function in the brain.
· Michael Bevington in his book “Electromagnetic sensitivity and Hypersensitivity” notes that the EMF exposure levels in nature are:
o Magnetic Field: 0.000002mG (or 0.0002 nT)
o Electric Field: 0.0001 V/M
o Radiofrequency Radiation:<0.00002 V/M
· The Autism Epidemic Is Caused by EMFs, Acting via Calcium Channels and Chemicals Acting via NMDA-Rs.
· Oregon Legislative Assembly’s Committee on Healthcare introduced House Bill 3350 that asserts wireless technology, including WLAN, in schools as an emergency situation and directs Department of Education to prepare statement that discloses health risks of wireless technology to employees and parents of students.
· A study at Iran’s Shiraz University Medical School addressed "A Challenging Issue in the Etiology of Speech Problems: The Effect of Maternal Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields on Speech Problems in the Offspring". Mothers were asked about their exposure to EMF including cell phones, Wi-Fi, and cordless phone. The study found a significant association between EMF exposure and speech problems in the offspring. (Journal of Biomedical Physics & Engineering).
· A study in The Netherlands showed that wireless technologies including WLAN is suspected of causing “radiofrequency radiation sickness” with symptoms such as sleeping disturbance, palpitations of the heart, high blood pressure, tinglings, concentration and rememberance distortions, dizziness, burning skin, tinnitus, eye problems, lack of energy and more.
· MF Working Group call: Wireless Technology and Public Health.
· Camilla Rees has observed that every corner apartment exposed to EMR had a resident who had cancer!
· IEMFA Statement Stavanger: Chronic EMF-Related Diseases Are a Potential Risk for Everyone, and a Precautionary Approach Is Urgently Needed!
· The Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (RNCNIRP) formulated 10 postulates to warn against EMR. It further stated: “Human brain and the nervous system tissues directly perceive EMF and react irrespective of its intensity.”
o Kane, Robert C. "A possible association between fetal/neonatal exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation and the increased incidence of autism spectrum disorders (ASD)."
o Thornton, Ian M. "Out of time: a possible link between mirror neurons, autism and electromagnetic radiation."
o Carlo, G. L., and T. J. Mariea. "Wireless radiation in the aetiology and treatment of autism: clinical observations and mechanisms.
o Lathe, Richard. "Microwave Electromagnetic Radiation and Autism."
o Ahuja, Yog Raj, Sanjeev Sharma, and Bir Bahadur. "Autism: An epigenomic side-effect of excessive exposure to electromagnetic fields."
o Herbert, Martha R., and Cindy Sage. "Autism and EMF? Plausibility of a pathophysiological link."
o Alsaeed, Ibrahim, et al. "Autism-relevant social abnormalities in mice exposed perinatally to extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields."
o Pall, M.L., Microwave frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) produce widespread neuropsychiatric effects including depression
o Mortazavi, Gh, et al. "Increased release of mercury from dental amalgam fillings due to maternal exposure to electromagnetic fields as a possible mechanism for the high rates of autism in the offspring: introducing a hypothesis."
· Wireless Symptoms: The back of the Wireless Safety Card highlights some of the most common symptoms reported by wireless exposure.
o Sperm damage
o Sleep disturbance
o Ringing in the ears
o Attention problems
o Memory problems
o And more...
DR. BARRY TROWER’S STATEMENTS ON THE CORRUPT TELECOM INDUSTRY, LIES BY GOVERNMENT, NUMEROUS SCIENTIFIC CITINGS ON HARMS OF WIFI AND OTHER SOURCES OF EMR (excerpts) Dr. Barry Trower, Physicist, EMR/Microwave Expert
· Years ago our government said to its scientists when it comes to microwaves you will only talk about things to do with heat, and that is it. So they won't even discuss anything else. They will deny anything that doesn't have anything to do with heat. They even deny all their 40 years of research leading up to this, although they have said that this can cause cancer and all the damage, they say "no it can't; we are only looking at heat and heat is all that matters.
· So for the last 40 years the English government has been lying to the people. And the American, the Canadian, the Australian, they have been lying. They have been lying to protect industry, to protect their profits, to protect themselves from lawsuits. So they are really just liars and it is provable, sanctioned by the World Health Organization, without a shadow of a doubt. It is the same people who sit on the ICNAP certificates, they sit on our governments' health protection agencies, sit on the World Health Organization... It's the same people. There are probably no more than 20 of them. But, yes, tell going to, in my opinion, commit the worst genocide this planet has ever known, not just people, but animals, plants. They are probably going to cause more destruction than a global war, and in several hundred years time people will look back, whoever survives, and look at what we tried to do to stop them.
· 'Microwave’ or ‘radiowave sickness' was first reported in August 1932 with the symptoms of severe tiredness, fatigue, fitful sleep, headaches, intolerability and high susceptibility to infection. (Hecht, K. et al.)
· In 1975, after an extensive study, the United States DIA warned all of its personnel of the risk from low-level microwaves including illnesses ranging from microwave sickness (flu like symptoms, depression, suicidal tendencies) to cancers and leukaemia. Biological effects of electromagnetic radiation (radiowaves and microwaves) - Eurasian Communist Countries Defence Intelligence Agency: DST-1810S-074-76, March (1976).
· During the Cold War, the Russian Embassy microwaved the United States Embassy in Moscow with low-level microwaves for many years from across the road; why and how is outside the scope of this Declaration. After changes of staff for serious neurologic impairments, miscarriages, multiple cancers / leukaemias and other illnesses to both male and female employees and their children, the late John R. Goldsmith, M.D., was invited to investigate this matter. His investigative report on this incident showed that continuous, long-term low-level microwaves were responsible for those illnesses. Goldsmith, J. R., Radiofrequency Epidemiology Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol 105, at 1585, Supp 6, Table 8, Dec (1997).
· Interestingly, the power of the microwaves used by the Russians in some cases was less that the power used by modern-day transmitters, with the average ranging <0.02 – 0.05 μW/cm2 and the maximum ranging 5 – 18 μW/cm2.
· As soon as ordinary MW transmitters became commonplace, residents started to complain of neurologic impairments, illnesses and later of cancer clusters.
· Microwave sickness was well documented by 1997, when over 100 further research documents pertaining to it were referenced. Grant, L., Microwave Sickness, Electrical Sensitivity News, Vol I No 6, Vol 2 Nos 1-4 (1997).
· Portland Public Schools are transmitting electromagnetic, specifically MW, frequencies at low exposure levels compared to thermal levels. However, these exposure levels are very high compared to natural background levels at the frequencies deployed: 2.45 GHz and 5 GHz frequency, which means between 2.45 and 5 billion cycles per second. When I realized that power densities and frequencies similar to those used as weapons during the Cold War were being
· used as WI-FI in schools, I decided to come out of retirement and travel around the world free of charge and explain exactly what the problem is going to be in the future.
· The paradox of course is how microwave radiation can be used as a weapon to cause impairment, illness and death and at the same time be used as a communications instrument. Therefore, WI-FI cannot be safe for the schoolchildren and teachers exposed to it.
· Penetration occurs in living tissues in particular, with more absorption due to water content; and microwaves will also penetrate most dwellings and other buildings.
· There is a plethora of extensive, well-researched documents from around the world highlighting impairments and illnesses caused by MW radiation. These papers (in their thousands) discuss adverse health outcomes caused by low-level (below thermal) microwaves as: arrhythmia, heart attack, cell death, diseases of the blood, interference to bone marrow, brain tumours, DNA damage, altered calcium level in cells, reduction in night-time melatonin, suppression of the immune system, arthritis, rheumatism, skin problems, lymphatic diseases, vaginal discharge, vascular, system disease, tinnitus, leukaemia, childhood cancer, sleep problems, mental problems involving depression, irritability, memory loss, difficulty in concentrating, headache, dizziness and fatigue, suicidal tendencies, miscarriage and infertility.
· Thousands of research studies exist concerning ill effects from low-level, below thermal irradiation levels, involving almost every organ in the body. Possibly the most comprehensive explanation for this phenomenon is written by Dr. A. Goldsworthy of Imperial College London: The biological effects of
· weak electromagnetic fields (2007), http:tinyurl.com/2nfujj; also: email@example.com.
· One of the other speakers present was Dr. George Carlo. Sharing the same hotel afforded me the opportunity to engage in several conversations with Dr. Carlo during the two days we were in London. Dr. Carlo explained how he was commissioned by the mobile industry to conduct research on its products. His study (www.health/concerns.org) involved 200 research doctors and 15 epidemiological studies…, at a cost of 28.5 million US dollars. ‘Our data showed increased risk to children, concerning tumours, genetic damage and other problems,’ explained Dr Carlo. He continued, ‘my results were suppressed by the telecommunications industry.’
· Notwithstanding industry’s attempts to influence research, even their own studies continued to find adverse health effects. One example is a worldwide epidemiological study (commissioned by T-Mobile, on its own product) that concluded, ‘On the cellular level, a multitude of studies found the type of damage from high frequency electromagnetic fields which is important for cancer initiation and cancer promotion.’ Mobile Telecommunications and Health, ECOLOG Institute, Sec 7… (firstname.lastname@example.org). This document also describes DNA damage on the same page.
· Freiburger Appeal… initially signed by 270 medical consultants, scientists, GPs, MPs and physicians, it now has many thousands of signatories worldwide. It is a warning to decision-makers concerning illnesses from low-level microwaves. This appeal lists 13 severe, chronic illnesses and various disorders involving: behaviour, blood, heart, cancers, migraines, tinnitus, susceptibility to infections and sleeplessness, all of them ascribed to 'pulsed microwaves from mobile communications technology.'
· Catania Resolution… University of Vienna, 19 of the world's top scientists met to discuss electromagnetic waves. They stated 'we take exception to arguments suggesting that weak, low-intensity EMF cannot interact with tissue. There are plausible mechanistic explanations for EMF-induced effects that occur below present ICNRP guidelines and exposure recommendations by the EU.’
· An international study… published a list of impairments and illnesses amongst staff and students, finding with large numbers of cancer clusters and other illnesses. There were 47 cancer clusters.
· Another report, School References (school and cell tower antennas) from 138 schools, dated November 2003, lists miscarriages, brain tumours, cancers, breast cancers and teachers ill within this report.
· The Stewart Report 2004 asks that anecdotal evidence be taken seriously in the absence of long-term epidemiological studies, regarding illnesses…refers to 92 cases of cancer... Other illnesses in the same paper refer to breast cancers, thyroid, bowel and blood problems. Now, of course, there are many epidemiological studies, and they are consistent in showing such illnesses and other harmful effects.
· In 2007, an international group of scientists studied 2000 peer-reviewed and published research papers. They recommended an acceptable level of radiation of not more than 0.6 V/m = ~1μW/cm2 outdoors, and 0.2 V/m = ~0.1 μW/cm2 indoors, based on the interaction between low-level microwaves and the cellular processes. This became known as the Bioinitiative Level, which has since been lowered by a factor of 10, to 0.01 μW/cm2.
· A project called EU-Reflex or European Union Risk Evaluation of Potential Environmental Hazards from Low Frequency Electromagnetic Field Exposure using sensitive in Vitro Methods shows that cells exposed to cell phone radiation exhibit chromosomal damage well below the exposure guidelines of the WHO.
· The world-renowned Irish Doctors’ Association listed 70 research papers showing the dangers from low-level microwaves. Dr. Santini listed 20 similar studies.
· An international group of scientists studied 2000 peer-reviewed and published research papers. They recommended an acceptable level of radiation of not more than 0.6 V/m = ~1μW/cm2 outdoors, and 0.2 V/m = ~0.1 μW/cm2 indoors, based on the interaction between low-level microwaves and the cellular processes. This became known as the Bioinitiative Level, which has since been lowered by a factor of 10, to 0.01 μW/cm2.
· EM Radiation Research Trust listed 9 studies; Dr. Blackwell listed 6 similar studies in his report, and finally 4 international universities completed the Spanish Study, which verified all of these known illnesses. The authors of the Spanish study (The Microwave Syndrome-Further Aspects of a Spanish Study, 2004) recommended a level 10 million times below ICNIRP guidelines (discussed below), or 0.1 μW/cm2. [The Bioinitiative Level which is established later, is at 0.01 μW/cm2 (20 mV/m – or 0.02V/m).]
· By 2006, it was reported that 80 percent of the extant epidemiological studies on the WHO database list symptoms from microwave sickness, including up to fourfold increase in cancers from low-level microwaves. I was curious to investigate the remaining 20 percent that showed no symptoms. However, this had already been looked at by Swiss scientists who said ‘the interpretation of results * * * should take sponsorship into account.’ By that time, Michael Meacher, Minister for the Environment 1997-2003 (United Kingdom), had published a report blaming some universities for accepting lucrative contracts in reporting favourable results from scientific research. In the same month, United States Congressman Henry Waxman published a similar report in Scientific American stating that science was being corrupted by industry.
· European Parliament was presented with a report recommending that wireless networks and mobile phones be totally banned from schools on health grounds. Council of Europe, “The potential dangers of electromagnetic fields and their effect on the environment, Parliamentary Assembly, Committee on the Environment, Agriculture and Local and Regional Affairs:
o The Assembly recommends that we take all reasonable measures to reduce exposure to electromagnetic fields on ‘as low as reasonably achievable’ (ALARA)
o The Assembly also asked that Governments ‘ban all mobile phones, DECT phones or WI-FI or WLAN systems from classrooms and schools
· The guidelines set by ICNIRP and the National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB), and which are followed by the United States’ FCC, are amongst the least protective in the world. Being thermally based – no account whatsoever is given to the effect of the electric and magnetic of the wave interacting with the physiology of the body – it is very unlikely, if not impossible, for any person to receive warming of the body with exposure exceeding the guidelines, if this person is not sitting right on top of the transmitter.
· Guidelines in units of microwatts per cm2, the maximum level for 1,800 MHz transmitters, 1,000 of these units. By contrast, Russia and China have a total maximum of 10 of these units, μW/cm2, Toronto has a maximum of 6 μW/cm2 and in Salzburg, the limit is 0.1 μW/cm2. The June 2000 International Conference at Salzburg, consisting of 19 of the world's top scientists in this field, set the level at 0.1 units.
· The EU Parliament on September 4, 2008, by 522 votes to 16, stated that the 'ICNIRP guidelines were obsolete and out of date.' Mast Action UK - Legal Services (2010).
· Just 30 minutes a day on a mobile phone increases chance of getting brain cancer by 40% (source: radiationresearch.org)
· Dr. Cletus Kanavy, Chief of the Biological Effects Group of the Phillips Laboratory's Electromagnetic Effects Division at Kirkfield Air Force Base in New Mexico, says there is a 'Large amount of data, both animal, experimental and human clinical to support the existence of chronic, non-thermal effects * * * these include behavioural, neural, fetal, blood, metabolic, endocrine and immune problems.’
· Professor Adey, a Fellow of the US American Academy of Scientists and a distinguished visitor of the Royal Society of Medicine said of his own research… : Radio frequency and microwave radiation affected enzyme systems that regulate growth and the division of white blood cells.
· Professor Salford at Lund University in Sweden has shown in his work in the year 2000 that pulsing can alter the permeability of the blood/brain barrier in rats. This would reasonably occur in human brains as well, and could have profound effects on brain function.
· Dr. Goldsworthy not only shows the mechanism by which microwaves disrupt cells, but also predicts that a genetically damaged sperm and egg can lead to mutant offspring. If you think of children with these transmitters near their laps, the question must be, ‘Why do this for the sake of a piece of cable and a plug, which could replace WI-FI with no loss of performance, and in fact improved performance?’ This represents permanent, low-level microwave damage, and it also involves the induction of chronic nitrosative and oxidative stress.
· There is a simple solution, use a cable and a plug or fiber optic cable to deliver the Internet.
· The evidence for adverse effects of low-level microwave irradiation is currently strong and grows stronger with each new study. Using a cabled Internet system does not increase exposure.
· I ask you, if a drink were reported in the 1950's to cause cancer and other ill effects, and if countless reports and epidemiologic and toxicologic studies and expert associations since showed these reports to be correct, would you give this to your children to drink, knowing they have their whole lives ahead of them? So what is the difference? It is simple. This product, pulse-modulated microwave radiation from WI-FI, is backed and financed by the most powerful industry on the planet. This is an industry that apparently does not have to prove its product is safe (unlike a drug company). Incredibly, the public is rather told to prove it is not! Thence take this industry to court with your list of impairments, illnesses, cancers, leukaemias, early deaths, etc.
· Radio frequency (RF) electromagnetic frequency (EMF) radiation is sent and/or received by the antennae of phones, routers and other wireless devices. RF radiation is capable of causing cancer, reproductive, neurological and ocular effects. The amount of radiation exposure received depends on the amount of time exposed and distance from the source. Radiation levels fall off exponentially with distance from antennae. If you double the distance, the radiation is four times less. If you triple the distance, it is nine times less, and so on.
· Within the relevant scientific community, it is generally accepted that that many bioeffects and adverse health effects occur at far lower levels of radio wave and MW exposure where no measurable heating occurs; some effects are shown to occur at several hundred thousand times below the existing public guidelines.
· “I noticed at home I was increasingly dizzy, sometimes needing to hold onto the wall to just standup, sometimes I would collapse to the floor with nerve sensation going through my whole body, no longer able to hold my spine up, my eyesight changed, I could feel my heart speeding up inside my body, something I had never felt before. I started getting odd rashes, I was more fatigued needing to lie down a lot. I didn't understand why I couldn't pull my thoughts together to even do my to-do list. But I could do it in the coffee shop across the street, why I was so edgy, I couldn't read, I didn't feel well enough to drive.
· Why I was tossing and turning in the night with disrupted sleep that I never had before, or getting dizzy using my new laptop. Eventually I learned I was being impacted by a wireless router on the other side of the wall from my bed. New neighbors had moved in three months before, and placed an Internet router inches away from me through a thin wall right near my pillow. And overtime my body naturally started operating erratically... I moved and spent 9 months in a low EMF environment... I believe if I had not removed myself from this exposure... that I would not be speaking with you today.” Camilla Reece (MBA)
· "I fear the day when the technology overtaken our humanity. The world will be a generation of idiots. "- Albert Einstein
· “Where there are threats of serious or irreversible damage, lack of full scientific certainty shall not be used as a reason for postponing cost-effective measures to prevent environmental degradation.” Principle 15. Report of the U.N. Conference on Environment and Development.
APPENDIX: MONEY VS. TRUTH: CAPTURED REGULATORS
Excerpt from Dr. Joel M. Moskowitz’s site: http://www.saferemr.com/2015/06/an-expose-of-fcc-agency-captured-by.html
An Exposé of the FCC: An Agency Captured by the Industries it Regulates
Alster, Norm. Captured agency: How the Federal Communications Commission is dominated by the industries it presumably regulates. Cambridge, MA: Edmund J. Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University. 2015.
PDF: http://bit.ly/FCCcaptured (free)
Kindle: http://amzn.to/1SQThCU ($0.99 -- check out the book reviews)
FCC filing: http://bit.ly/FCCcapturedagency
(Saturday, September 10, 2016) Cambridge, MA: Edmund J. Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University. 2015. Money—and lots of it—has played a part ... In all, CTIA, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile USA, and Sprint spent roughly $45 million lobbying in 2013. Overall, the Communications/Electronics sector is one of Washington‘s super heavyweight lobbyists, spending nearly $800 million in 2013-2014, according to CRP data.
As a result, consumer safety, health, and privacy, along with consumer wallets, have all been overlooked, sacrificed, or raided due to unchecked industry influence …. Most insidious of all, the wireless industry has been allowed to grow unchecked and virtually unregulated, with fundamental questions on public health impact routinely ignored. Industry control, in the case of wireless health issues, extends beyond Congress and regulators to basic scientific research. And in an obvious echo of the hardball tactics of the tobacco industry, the wireless industry has backed up its economic and political power by stonewalling on public relations and bullying potential threats into submission with its huge standing army of lawyers.
It all begins with passage of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, legislation once described … as “the most lobbied bill in history.” Late lobbying won the wireless industry enormous concessions from lawmakers, many of them major recipients of industry hard and soft dollar contributions. Congressional staffers who helped lobbyists write the new law did not go unrewarded. Thirteen of fifteen staffers later became lobbyists themselves.
Currently presiding over the FCC is Tom Wheeler, a man who has led the two most powerful industry lobbying groups: CTIA and NCTA. It is Wheeler who once supervised a $25 million industry-funded research effort on wireless health effects. But when handpicked research leader George Carlo concluded that wireless radiation did raise the risk of brain tumors, Wheeler‘s CTIA allegedly rushed to muffle the message. ”You do the science. I‘ll take care of the politics,” Carlo recalls Wheeler saying.
Beyond epidemiological studies, research on a wide range of living things raises further red flags. A 2013 study by the Indian scientists S. Sivani and D. Sudarsanam reports: “Based on current available literature, it is justified to conclude that RF-EMF [electromagnetic fields] radiation exposure can change neurotransmitter functions, blood-brain barrier, morphology, electrophysiology, cellular metabolism, calcium efflux, and gene and protein expression in certain types of cells even at lower intensities.”
The EPA, notably, was once a hub of research on RF effects, employing as many as 35 scientists. However, the research program was cut off in the late 80s during the Regan presidency. [Former EPA Scientist, Carl] Blackman says he was personally “forbidden” to study health effects by his “supervisory structure.”
… an FCC with public interest commissioners is an idea worth consideration. It would at least require party apologists to defend how they so consistently champion the moneyed interests that have purchased disproportionate access and power in Washington.
APPENDIX: EMF EXPOSURE DIAGRAM
APPENDIX: INTERVIEW WITH DR. BLANK ON HARMS OF WIFI ON BODY
An excellent interview with Dr. Martin Blank, one of the world's leading scientists who studies the biological effects of electromagnetic fields.
"There are limited things you can accomplish, but I think one of those is to protect the children. The children are most vulnerable. They are the ones that are going to suffer the most, especially with this push to do so under the guise of good education.
I think the introduction of Wi-Fi in schools is sinful. It’s criminal. Good education doesn’t need this. There are ways to bring these programs in without this technology. Generations have actually learned better without this. There’s absolutely no need to have children sit there with this exposure for however many hours they keep it on. They could bring in the programs by cables, or books, but they don’t need Wi-Fi. I think children are going to succumb to this in larger numbers, and we’re going to see a higher incidence among children of things like brain cancer. It’s not high yet, but I think it’s going to get much higher."
Do Cell Phones and Wi-Fi Fields Harm Our Body?
Conan Milner, Epoch Times, October 7, 2016
Life requires energy. This isn’t something mystical, it’s biology. Electric impulses flow through our nerves, cells, and muscles—basically every cell and system in the human body carries a charge. This energy helps our bodies move and function.
But our energy environment isn’t what it used to be. Over the last few decades, several new energy fields have pervaded our world. Some come from power lines, others are emitted from cellphone towers in the form of 2G, 3G, and 4G networks. Still others emanate from Wi-Fi hotspots, and the high frequency WiMAX.
These energy fields are generated for operating our devices and technology, but they also appear to be affecting our bodies in a negative way. Some research suggests that these fields—collectively known as electromagnetic radiation (EMR) or electromagnetic fields (EMF)—interfere with our body’s natural processes.
Not everything is known yet about this subject; but what is clear is that the existing public safety standards limiting these radiation levels in nearly every country of the world look to be thousands of times too lenient.
In 2007 (and again in 2012) a group of scientists and public health experts released a report suggesting people reconsider our relationship with these energy fields. Known as the BioInitiative Report, its aim is to assess scientific evidence on how EMFs impact our health.
The conclusion is that we need to drastically reduce our EMF exposure.
“Not everything is known yet about this subject; but what is clear is that the existing public safety standards limiting these radiation levels in nearly every country of the world look to be thousands of times too lenient,” states the report. “Changes are needed.”
Meanwhile, other scientists insist that these energy fields cause humans no harm. The BioInitiative Report is widely criticized by industries around the world because it only considers science that supports its own position, and doesn’t acknowledge research that suggests that EMFs are safe.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has been investigating the research on both sides. In 2011, the WHO’s International Association for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified EMF radiation above the radio frequency range (RF-EMF) as a Class 2B Carcinogen, which means it may cause cancer, but further research is necessary. This is due to evidence that links long term wireless exposure to brain cancer.
However, recent research prompted some IARC panelists to take a stronger stance.
“RF–EMF should be regarded as a human carcinogen requiring urgent revision of current exposure guidelines,” stated IARC scientist and Swedish oncologist Dr. Lennart Hardell in a 2014 edition of the Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
Despite growing evidence of harm, U.S. public health officials have been skittish about using language that might suggest EMFs have health risks. In 2014, the Centers for Disease Control issued a public statement urging caution with cell phone use, but retracted the statement just a few weeks later.
However, in the UK, Belgium, Russia, France, Israel, India, and elsewhere, regulators are taking EMF exposure, particularly wireless technology, much more seriously. In these countries, warnings are made clear, and young children are discouraged from using this technology.
One of the contributing authors to the BioInitiative Report is Dr. Martin Blank, a scientist, lecturer, and retired professor from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He has investigated the cellular and biological effects of EMFs. The New York-born Blank now lives in Victoria, Canada, and has PhDs in both physical chemistry and colloid science. Epoch Times talked to Blank about why there is so much controversy among scientists over the safety of EMFs, and why children are most at risk. Answers are edited for clarity and brevity.
Epoch Times: I’ll start off by asking you to clarify a technical question. There are many frequencies in our environment today: cellular technology, Wi-Fi, and the energy that comes into our house through power lines. I’m tempted to call all of it electromagnetic radiation. Is that correct?
Dr. Martin Blank: Technically, no. To get radiation you really have to get the electric and magnetic fields acting together so that the electric field will cause the electrons to move, which will generate a magnetic field. They get intertwined. And it’s only when this is happening so fast up at the radiofrequency range that you can get the true blending.
Technically, electromagnetism doesn’t exist until you get around the radiofrequency range. Electric fields exist in the extremely low frequency (ELF) range. With power frequency, for example, you have separate electric and magnetic fields. The electric field will cause current to flow, and the flowing current will cause a magnetic field. But they’re not linked the same way as electromagnetics.
These are technical differences but we kind of lump them together when we speak of them in a loose fashion. It’s because the same forces are acting on the body. The body has electrons, and they are the lightest of the stable particles, and they are affected by both fields.
People speak about electromagnetic radiation, and I’m guilty of using this loose jargon myself, but you should know that there are differences. The differences get smoothed out when you get to the radiofrequency range and higher. For example, the new 5G that’s coming out, that’s in the radiofrequency range. The 4G is radiofrequency. The 2G is electromagnetic.
You have to get used to this looseness, especially when you have this intermixing of specialists and amateurs. Physicists would go wild if you spoke this way.
Epoch Times : Some scientists insist that these energy fields are at too low a frequency to affect our bodies in any negative way. What do you think?
Dr. Blank: There are a lot of physicists who say this. I’ve had this discussion many, many years ago with physicists who say this can’t do anything if it’s below thermal level. They think that it has to be at a level that can raise the surface temperature before it will have an effect. The answer is no. These effects occur at very low levels. They occur down at the ELF range (60 Hz).
Some of the things I studied were the basic enzymatic actions that cause ion movements in cells. There is something called sodium/potassium ATP. It’s an enzyme that sits in most membranes, and it pumps ions across the membrane. It will take sodium ions and pump them out of a cell, and move potassium ions into a cell. This is critical. Without this, nerves will not conduct and the cell will not function.
This very basic enzyme has a threshold level of three or four milliGauss. You can’t feel it, but that’s the level at which it responds. When people talk about radiofrequency stuff, this is thousands of times higher energy. There’s no question that even very minute forces can have an effect on a biological system.
Epoch Times : What does the science say in terms of the impact these frequencies have on our health?
Dr. Blank: This is a complex thing. I just told you about one simple enzyme, but we studied a few enzymes and they are all affected. These fields are potent. If you’re a lone electron sitting in the middle of nowhere and there’s a field nearby, you’re going to respond to those fields at relatively low levels.
For a system, you need a slightly stronger force to be able to cause a change in it. But we get changes in the functioning of cells with relatively small fields. That’s been shown.
When you go higher than the normal range you can get damage. That’s what scares people, and it has been found to be real. Back in 1995,Henry Lai published a paper showing that if you took DNA and subjected it to radiation, 60 Hz stuff, you got fragments coming off. You were breaking off parts of the molecule. There was a lot of controversy about this, and the forces against this scientific finding paid people to do experiments. God knows what they did, but they didn’t find the result they were hoping for.
This is damage that is not repairable. When you break a piece of DNA you’ve broken the code.
There’s a paper in Galley that hasn’t been published yet. They found that these fields cause damage to DNA inside a cell. They used to only show this with test tube experiments, but now they show the damage inside the cell. There are little fragments coming off the DNA itself.
There is no question that this causes damage. I don’t know what you want to make of it, but this is damage that is not repairable. When you break a piece of DNA you’ve broken the code. It’s not like when you get a cut and the skin heals. If you damage the DNA that’s called a mutation, and you affect the function of a cell. So depending on where the damage has occurred, you can cause a lot of problems.
Epoch Times: How is this bad? What purpose does DNA serve in our body?
Dr. Blank: When I learned about DNA in high school I was taught that this was hereditary stuff. It works when you make a child, and then it gets locked up until the child matures and makes his own child. There was an understanding that it was just dormant in the cells.
But when I learned biology at the university level, they taught that DNA does everything all the time. It has the whole code in it. You need the DNA to keep the system going. It’s telling the body which proteins to make and which systems to turn on. It’s upgrading all the time, and if you cause damage in that thing you’re causing a lot of problems in the cell.
Often cells can’t survive this DNA damage, but the body has a lot of resilience. It can take a lot of damage. The fact is, you can cause damage to DNA, and some other part will take over and get it to function. We are very fortunate that way. This is why our species survives. There’s a lot of redundancy built in, which is essential in a world where there are all these bad influences that can cause damage.
But DNA is always active, and very necessary, and it’s affected by lots of things: temperature, chemicals, and this electromagnetic stuff. And there is more coming. We’ve got 5G coming on now, and it’s unconscionable. All the damage caused by 2G, 3G and so on, it’s going to be compounded even more. The interesting thing about this new 5G is the characteristics of the radiation are such that it is stronger (more energetic), but it doesn’t go nearly as far as the earlier ones. So you have to have more stations, more antennas put up. This means that people who are electro-sensitive are probably going to find it much harder to evade and to get along with all this other radiation around them.
Epoch Times: Are these fields really more harmful to children?
Dr. Blank: There is no question in my mind that children are far more vulnerable. This is accepted by people who understand how this radiation works, and understand the difference between children and adults.
Biologically, when we compare an adult and a child, the child has a thinner cranium bone, and the nerves in their brain are not as fully myelinated. This means the child will get more penetration as a result of the same kind of exposure. And of course, another thing about a child is that they’re still growing, so whatever damage is done is going to propagate.
Epoch Times : Given the evidence of how these forces affect our DNA, why aren’t their stronger warnings against exposure, especially for children.
Dr. Blank: The industry has lobbied very expensively, and they have a lot of guys with scientific credentials, although very few of them have any experience in biology. For them to choose the increase in temperature as the criterion with all this new information about molecular damage that results from exposure, it’s just unconscionable.
If you pay off the right people you get the results that you want. I’m not being cynical, I’m just saying it the way that it is.
Their theory is that if these fields don’t raise the temperature it doesn’t cause any damage. And they’ve gotten it to stick. This goes way back to the Clinton Administration. They measure energy by its ability to raise temperature, and they set up a standard that says you cannot have any medical evidence about this sort of stuff.
We don’t live in an ideal system. You can buy opinions. If you pay off the right people you get the results that you want. I’m not being cynical, I’m just saying it the way that it is. The people who are testifying on behalf of industry are consultants for industry, or they have contracts from industry. But they also have scientific credentials.
The defense and prosecution both manage to find credible witnesses who will testify to their positions, but in science you would think it would be more difficult. Sometimes there are legitimate reasons why scientists will feel that a case is overstated or there are exceptions. Not in this case though. It is quite clear that the radiation does damage. It is linked with a lot of diseases and problems. Those who deny it are just sticking their head in the sand, and saying it’s only a matter of raising the temperature.
Epoch Times : What recommendations would you make to people who wish to protect themselves from these fields?
Dr. Blank: There are limited things you can accomplish, but I think one of those is to protect the children. The children are most vulnerable. They are the ones that are going to suffer the most, especially with this push to do so under the guise of good education.
I think the introduction of Wi-Fi in schools is sinful. It’s criminal. Good education doesn’t need this. There are ways to bring these programs in without this technology. Generations have actually learned better without this. There’s absolutely no need to have children sit there with this exposure for however many hours they keep it on. They could bring in the programs by cables, or books, but they don’t need Wi-Fi. I think children are going to succumb to this in larger numbers, and we’re going to see a higher incidence among children of things like brain cancer. It’s not high yet, but I think it’s going to get much higher.
Epoch Times: I’ve read that other countries are taking this more seriously.
Dr. Blank: Yes. France, for example. They made a big thing when the National Library in Paris rejected the use of the Wi-Fi system. The fact they do it is probably interesting in terms of encouraging us. But we should do it because the evidence is there. We should be guided by the evidence, not a “me too” kind of thing.
Epoch Times: Are there any precautions that you personally take to limit your own exposure?
Dr. Blank: I do own a cellphone, but I only use it when I go to the States, and I only use it if I have to. I don’t have Wi-Fi. You need a certain amount of this technology in order to do certain things, but I try to live without it.
Some of these things you can opt out of, but I think it’s going to become harder and harder to avoid this kind of thing as they put up more and more of these antennas around neighborhoods.
As a civilization we believe that progress is good, and that we should buy into it. But sometimes new things aren’t always to our benefit.
Joel M. Moskowitz, Ph.D., Director
Center for Family and Community Health
School of Public Health
University of California, Berkeley
Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
APPENDIX: DR. MARTIN BLANK
DR. BLANK, MARTIN, Ph.D., Special Lecturer, Columbia University: Selected publications about EMF. PhDs in physical chemistry from Columbia University and Ph.D. in colloid science from University of Cambridge.
· Blank M (2014) Overpowered: The Dangers of Electromagnetic Radiation (EMF) and What You Can Do About It. Seven Stories Press, 271pp.
· Blank M (2014) Cell Biology and EMF Safety Standards. Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine. Posted online on August 25, 2014. (doi:10.3109/15368378.2014.952433)
· Blank M (2012) Section 7, pp. 1-39. Evidence for Stress Response (Stress Proteins). In BioInitiative Report - A Scientific Perspective on Health Risk of Electromagnetic Fields. Published Online December 31, 2012
· Blank M, Goodman R (2012) Electromagnetic fields and health: DNA-based dosimetry. Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine 31(4):243-249.
· Blank M, Goodman R (2012) Electromagnetic Fields and Health: DNA-based Dosimetry. Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine. Early Online: 1–7, 2011 Copyright Q Informa Healthcare USA, Inc. ISSN: 1536-8378 print / 1536-8386 online DOI: 10.3109/15368378.2011.624662
· Blank M, Goodman R (2011) DNA is a fractal antenna in electromagnetic fields (EMF). Internat. J. Radiation Biol 87: 409-15.
· Goodman R, Lin-Ye A, Matthew S. Geddis MS, Wickramaratne PJ, Susan E. Hodge SE, Pantazatos S, Blank M, Richard T. Ambron RT (2009) Extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields activate the ERK cascade, increase hsp70 protein levels and promote regeneration in Planaria. International Journal of Radiation Biology, in press 85: 851–859.
· Blank M, Goodman R (2009) Electromagnetic Fields Stress Living Cells. Pathophysiology, published on line, doi 10.1016/j.pathophys.2009. 10.01.006
· Blank M, editor (2009) Special issue of Pathophysiology, devoted to Electromagnetic Fields. Published on line, doi 10.1016/j.pathophys.2009. 10.02.002
· George I, Geddis MS, Lill Z, Lin H, Gomez T, Blank M, Oz MC, Goodman R (2008) Myocardial Function Improved by Electromagnetic Field Induction of Stress Protein hsp70. Journal of Cellular Physiology. 216: 816-823. Published Online: 4 March 2008 DOI: 10.1002/jcp.21461.
· Blank M (2008) EMF Dose Defined by Biology. Bioelectromagnetics Society Newsletter, January-February, 200:6-7.
· Blank, M. 2008. Protein and DNA Reaction Stimulated by Electromagnetic Fields. Bioelectromagnetic Biology and Medicine 27: 1-21.
· Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 2007. A Mechanism for Stimulation of Biosynthesis by Electromagnetic Fields: Charge Transfer in DNA and Base Pair Separation. Journal of Cellular Physiology. Published Online: 9 Jul 2007 DOI: 10.1002/jcp.21198.
· Blank, M. 2007. Section 7, pp. 1-40. Evidence for Stress Response (Stress Proteins). In BioInitiative Report A Scientific Perspective on Health Risk of Electromagnetic Fields. Published Online 31 August 2007 Section 7, pp. 1-40. www.bioinitiative.org/report/index.htm
· Blank, M. 2005. A proposed explanation for effects of electric and magnetic fields on the Na,K-ATPase in terms of interactions with electrons. Bioelectromagnetics 26(8):591-597.
· Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 2004. Initial interactions in electromagnetic field-induced biosynthesis. Journal of Cellular Physiology 199:359-363.
· Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 2004. A biological guide for electromagnetic safety: The stress response. Bioelectromagnetics, 25(8):642-646.
· Weisbrot, D., Lin, H., Ye, L., Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 2003. Effects of Mobile Phone Radiation on Reproduction and Development in Drosophila melanogaster. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 89: 48-55.
· Blank, M., and Soo, L. 2003. Electromagnetic acceleration of Belousov-Zhabotinski reaction. Bioelectrochemistry 61: 93-97.Blank, M and Goodman, R (2003) Stress Protein Synthesis and Enzyme Reactions are Stimulated by Electromagnetic Fields. In Magnetotherapy: Potential Therapeutic Benefits and Adverse Effects. MJ McLean, S Engstr_m, RR Holcomb (eds), Floating Gallery Press, New York, pp. 19-28.
· Goodman, R., and Blank, M. 2002. Insights into Electromagnetic Interaction Mechanisms. Journal of Cellular Physiology 192:16-22.
· Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 2002. Interaction of Weak Low Frequency Electromagnetic Fields with DNA: Mechanism and Biomedical Applications. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 30: 1497-1500.
· Lin, H., Blank, M., Rossol-Haseroth, K., and Goodman, R. 2001. Regulating Genes with Electromagnetic Response Elements Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 81:143-148.
· Blank, M., and Soo, L. 2001. Electromagnetic Acceleration of Electron Transfer Reactions. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 81: 278-283.
· Blank, M., and Soo, L., 2001. Optimal Frequencies in Magnetic Field Acceleration of Cytochrome Oxidase and Na,K-ATPase Reactions. Bioelectrochemistry 53: 171-174.
· Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 2001. Electromagnetic Initiation of Transcription at Specific DNA Sites. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 81: 689-692.
· Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 2000. Stimulation of the Cellular Stress Response by Low Frequency Electromagnetic Fields: Possibility of Direct Interaction with DNA. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 28:168-172.
· Carmody, S., Wu, X.L., Lin, H., Blank, M., Skopicki, H., and Goodman, R. 2000. Cytoprotection by Electromagnetic Field-Induced hsp70: A Model for Clinical Application. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 79:453-459.
· Lin, H., Blank, M., and Goodman, R. 1999, Magnetic Field-Responsive Domain in the Human HSP70 Promoter. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 75:170-176.
· Blank, M. 1999. Mechanisms of Biological Interaction with Electric and Magnetic Fields. Plenary Lecture. Proceedings of Second World Congress for Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine. Bersani, editor, Plenum, pp. 21-25.
· Goodman, R., and Blank, M. 1998. Magnetic Field Induces Expression of hsp70. Cell Stress and Chaperones 3:79-88.
· Blank, M., and Soo, L. 1998. Enhancement of Cytochrome Oxidase Activity in 60Hz Magnetic Fields. Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics 45:253-259.
· Han, L., Lin, H., Head, M., Jin, M., Blank, M. and Goodman, R., 1998. Application of Magnetic Field-Induced Hsp70 for Pre-Surgical Cytoprotection. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 71:577-583.
· Blank, M., and Soo, L., 1998. Frequency Dependence of Cytochrome Oxidase Activity in Magnetic Fields. Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics 46:139-143.
Excerpts and Resources from An Electronic Silent Spring on Children & Schools
Calming Behavior in Children with Autism and ADHD: The Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR)-Lowering Protocol (That Has No Cost Or Side Effects)
Help for Autism and/or Autism Solutions
by Katie Singer and featuring pediatrician Toril Jelter, MD, biologist Andrew Goldsworthy, PhD, software designer and father Peter Sullivan, and BioInitiative co-editor Cindy Sage, MA. Como tranquilizar a los niños con autismo
Hugh Taylor, MD, Chief of Yale OBGYN Department and others educate pregnant women about the dangers of using cell phones or Wi-Fi.
Cellphone Radiation Absorbed by a Child: A Video from Environmental Health Trust
WiFi and Health from an MD with a background in electrical engineering and
Review of the AECOM Report “Radiofrequency (RF) Monitoring Summary Report: Montgomery County Public Schools”, Prepared for the Montgomery County Public Schools by Ronald M. Powell, PhD
The Environmental Health Trust has compiled a spectacular list of schools, unions and PTAs that have taken steps to ensure healthier school environments.
A Model Letter Drafted by Katie Singer to School Superintendents, Principals, Board Members, Faculty, Staff and Parents from Anyone Concerned About Children’s Health
A Model Letter Drafted by Katie Singer To Teenagers Wanting Wireless Devices To Be Revised As Parents Deem Fit
Back to School with Safer Tech
Parents, Take Note
The American Academy of Pediatrics and Kaiser Permanente warn that too much screen time is associated with children’s violent behavior, poor school performance, lower reading scores, sleep disturbances, obesity and bad habits later in life such as tobacco and alcohol abuse.
COMMENT for the Access Board about EMR Exposure
A pediatric neurologist on Wi-Fi
In her February 8, 2013 letter, Martha Herbert, MD, pediatric neurologist at Harvard, warns the Los Angeles Unified School District not to install Wi-Fi–and to opt for wired technologies.
The American Academy of Pediatrics
In a December, 2012 letter, the American Academy of Pediatrics’ 60,000 pediatricians support the Cell Phone Right to Know Act and warn pregnant women and children not to use cell phones.
Safer Baby Monitor Solutions
Message to Schools and Colleges about Wireless Devices and Health by Ronald M. Powell, Ph.D
Letters from scientists and others to the Montgomery County School District about Wi-Fi
“Cell Phones and Wireless Technologies–Should Safety Guidelines Be Strengthened to Protect Adults, Children and Vulnerable Populations? Should Parents, Teachers & Schools Restrict Technology Overuse Among Children?” a conference at the Commonwealth Club of California, June 22, 2015, organized by Camilla Reese of electromagnetichealth.org.
Hear Drs. Erica Mallery-Blythe, Victoria Dunckley, Martin Pall, Joel Moskowitz and others report on dangers of and solutions to exposure to electromagnetic radiation (EMR).
Why Don’t FCC Safety Guidelines on Mobile Phones Consider Children?
Cell tower siting on Minneapolis Public School Property
In a December 2013 letter, the Electromagentic Radiation Policy Institute explains to the Minneapolis School Board why NOT to have a cell tower.
Children, Adolescents, and the Media, from Drs. Victor C. Strasburger and Marjorie J. Hogan of The American Academy of Pediatrics
Two doctors from The American Academy of Pediatrics make suggestions for limiting childrens’ use of media.
Does The Internet Make You Dumb?
Article on the 2012 book Digital Dementia (Digital Dementia), by German Neuroscientist, Dr. Manfred Spitzer.
Pat Rullo Interview with Cindy Sage – Wireless Exposures in Schools: What are the Risks?
Shallow Minds: How the Internet and Wi–Fi in Schools Can Affect Learning by Cindy Lee Russell, MD, VP for Community Health, Santa Clara County Medical Association Alliance Foundation
This video illuminates the electromagnetic radiation emitted in nature and by a cell tower, a cell phone, a cordless phone and an iPad. It was made by Ray Pealer, who provides EMF home testing consultations. www.emrsafety.net.
France: New National Law Bans WIFI in Nursery School
Please listen to Dr. Erica Mallory-Blythe’s excellent talk, Electromagnetic Radiation, Health and Children given in the Fall of 2014. Dr. Mallory-Blythe is a British MD. She describes multiple studies that show how exposure to EMR affects children–along with ways we do not yet have a full picture.
Safe Tech for Schools on Fox News
Allstate Is Moving In the Right Direction
11 teenagers die daily because they text while they drive. Check out what Allstate is doing to end this practice
“Pharmatizing” our Children – The ADHD Offensive
By Marcia Lee, Kids Focus 6/28/15
Dying on the Digital Streets: The Tech Addiction of Our Children
Please read this piece about Internet addiction from Lisa Gray-Garcia.
LA Schools Want Refund on iPad/Curriculum Purchase
SOME WEBSITES OF INTEREST
APPENDIX: SIGNATORY SCIENTISTS OF THE PETITION TO THE UN ABOUT HARMS OF EMR
List of some of the scientists who are demanding tighter rules due to harms of EMR.
B. Blake Levitt, medical/science journalist, former New York Times contributor, EMF researcher and author, USA
Camilla Rees, CEO, Electromagnetichealth.org; CEO, Wide Angle Health, LLC, USA
Claudio Poggi, Electronics Engineer, Research Director, Sistemi s.r.l., (TN), Genoa, Italy
David Gee , Associate Fellow, Institute of Environment, Health and Societies, Brunel University, UK
David Stetzer, Stetzer Electric, Inc., Blair, Wisconsin, USA
Dr. Adamantia F. Fragopoulou, M.Sc., Ph.D., Department of Cell Biology & Biophysics, Biology Faculty, University of Athens, Greece
Dr. Aikaterini Skouroliakou, M.Sc., Ph.D., Department of Energy Technology Engineering, Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece
Dr. Albert M. Manville, II, Ph.D. and C.W.B., Adj. Professor, Johns Hopkins University’s Krieger Graduate School of Arts & Sciences;
Dr. Alfonso Balmori, Ph.D., Biologist, Consejería de Medio Ambiente, Junta de Castilla y León, Spain
Dr. Amer Kamal, MD, Physiology Department, College of Medicine, Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain
Dr. Andrew Marino, J.D., Ph.D., Retired Professor, LSU Health Sciences Center, USA
Dr. Anton Merkulov, Ph.D., Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, Moscow, Russian Federation
Dr. Arzu Firlarer, M.Sc. Ph.D., Occupational Health & Safety Department, Baskent University, Turkey
Dr. Bahriye Sirav (Aral), ABD, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Dept of Biophysics, Turkey
Dr. Bertil R. Persson, Ph.D., MD, Lund University, Sweden
Dr. Bruce Hocking, MD, MBBS, FAFOEM (RACP), FRACGP, FARPS , specialist in occupational medicine; Victoria, Australia
Dr. Bruce Rapley, BSc, MPhil, Ph.D., Principal Consulting Scientist, Atkinson & Rapley Consulting Ltd., New Zealand
Dr. Cemil Sert, Ph.D., Department of Biophysics of Medicine Faculty, Harran University, Turkey
Dr. Ceon Ramon, Ph.D., Affiliate Professor, University of Washington, USA; Professor, Reykjavik University, Iceland
Dr. Charles Teo, BM, BS, MBBS, Member of the Order of Australia,Director, Centre for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery at Prince of Wales Hospital, NSW, Australia
Dr. Christos Georgiou, Ph.D., Biology Department, University of Patras, Greece
Dr. Claudio Gómez-Perretta, MD, Ph.D., La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Dr. Danny Wolf, MD, Pediatrician and General Practitioner, Sherutey Briut Clalit, Shron Shomron district, Israel
Dr. Dariusz Leszczynski, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor of Biochemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland; Member of the IARC Working Group that classified cell phone radiation as possible carcinogen.
Dr. Devra Davis, Ph.D., MPH, President, Environmental Health Trust; Fellow, American College of Epidemiology, USA
Dr. Dominique Belpomme , Professor in Oncology, Paris V Descartes University, ECERI Executive Director
Dr. Donald Hillman, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University, USA
Dr. Elcin Ozgur, Ph.D., Biophysics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Turkey
Dr. Elena Pirogova, Ph.D., Biomed Eng., B. Eng (Hon) Chem. Eng., Engineering & Health College; RMIT University, Australia
Dr. Fiorella Belpoggi, Ph.D., FIATP, Director, Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center, Ramazzini Institute, Italy
Dr. Fiorenzo Marinelli, Ph.D., Researcher, Molecular Genetic Institute of the National Research Council, Italy
Dr. Francisco de Assis Ferreira Tejo, D. Sc., Universidade Federal de Campina Grande, Campina Grande, State of Paraíba, Brazil
Dr. Fredrik Söderqvist, Ph.D., Ctr. for Clinical Research, Uppsala University, Västerås, Sweden
Dr. Gautam (Vini) Khurana, Ph.D., F.R.A.C.S., Director, C.N.S. Neurosurgery, Australia
Dr. Gerd Oberfeld, MD, Public Health Department, Salzburg Government, Austria
Dr. Hiie Hinrikus, Ph.D., D.Sc, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Dr. Horst Eger, MD, Electromagnetic Fields in Medicine, Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians, Bavaria, Germany
Dr. Idowu Ayisat Obe, Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria
Dr. Igor Belyaev, Ph.D., Dr.Sc., Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Science, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Dr. Joel M. Moskowitz, Ph.D., School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Dr. Kaijun Liu, Ph.D., Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Dr. Kavindra K. Kesari, MBA, Ph.D., Resident Environmental Scientist, University of Eastern Finland, Finland; Assistant Professor, Jaipur, National University, India
Dr. Lennart Hardell, MD, Ph.D., University Hospital, Örebro, Sweden
Dr. Lisa Tully, Ph.D., Energy Medicine Research Institute, Boulder, CO, USA
Dr. Magda Havas, Ph.D., Environmental and Resource Studies, Centre for Health Studies, Trent University, Canada
Dr. Marjukka Hagström, LL.M., M.Soc.Sc, Principal Researcher, Radio and EMC Laboratory, Finland
Dr. Marko Markov, Ph.D., President, Research International, Buffalo, New York, USA
Dr. Martha R. Herbert, MD, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, USA
Dr. Martin L. Pall, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Biochemistry & Basic Medical Sciences, Washington State University, USA
Dr. Mary Redmayne, Ph.D., Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Australia
Dr. Masood Sepehrimanesh, Ph.D., Gastroenterohepatology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Dr. Morando Soffritti, MD, Honorary President, National Institute for the Study and Control of Cancer and Environmental Diseases B. Ramazzini, Bologna, Italy
Dr. Mustafa Nazıroğlu, Ph.D., Biophysics Dept, Medical Faculty, Süleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Dr. Oleg Banyra, MD, 2nd Municipal Polyclinic, St. Paraskeva Medical Centre, Ukraine
Dr. Oleg Grigoyev, DSc., Ph.D., Deputy Chairman, The Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, Russian Federation
Dr. Pasquale Avino, Ph.D., INAIL Research Section, Rome, Italy
Dr. Paul Héroux, Ph.D., Director, Occupational Health Program, McGill University; InvitroPlus Labs, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Canada
Dr. Pawel Bodera, Pharm. D., Department of Microwave Safety, Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Poland
Dr. Pierre Le Ruz, Ph.D., Criirem, Le Mans, France
Dr. Priyanka Bandara, Ph.D. , Independent Environmental Health Educator/Researcher, Australia; Advisor, Environmental Health Trust and Doctors for Safer Schools
Dr. rer. nat. Lebrecht von Klitzing, Ph.D., Head, Institute of Environ. Physics; Ex-Head, Clinical Research, Fribourg Medical University,Germany
Dr. Ronni Wolf, MD, Assoc. Clinical Professor, Head of Dermatology Unit, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Dr. Settimio Grimaldi, Ph.D., Associate Scientist, National Research Council, Italy
Dr. Sladjana Spasic, Ph.D., Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Dr. Snezana Raus Balind, Ph.D., Research Associate, Institute for Biological Research “Sinisa Stankovic”, Belgrade, Serbia
Dr. Syed Ghulam Sarwar Shah, M.Sc., Ph.D., Public Health Consultant, Honorary Research Fellow, Brunel University London, UK
Dr. Timur Saliev, MD, Ph.D., Life Sciences, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan; Institute Medical Science/Technology, University of Dundee, UK
Dr. Tom Hutchinson, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Environmental and Resource Studies, Trent University, Canada
Dr. Ulrich Warnke, Ph.D., Bionik-Institut, University of Saarlandes, Germany
Dr. William J. Rea, M.D., Environmental Health Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Dr. Yael Stein, MD, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Hadassah Medical Center, Israel
Dr. Zoreh Davanipour, D.V.M., Ph.D., Friends Research Institute, USA
Dr.Sc. Florian M. König, Ph.D., Florian König Enterprises (FKE) GmbH, Munich, Germany
Elizabeth Kelley, MA, Fmr. Managing Secretariat, ICEMS, Italy; Director, EMFscientist.org, USA
James McKay M.Sc, Ecologist, City of London; Planning Services, Environmental and Parks Planning, London, Canada
Jeffrey L. Marrongelle, DC, CCN, President/Managing Partner of BioEnergiMed LLC, USA
Michael Condessa Dode, Systems Analyst, MRE Engenharia Ltda, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
· Migratory Bird Management, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, USA
Prof. Adilza Dode, Ph.D., MSc. Engineering Sciences, Minas Methodist University, Brazil
Prof. Amirnader Emami Razavi, Ph.D. , Clinical Biochem., National Tumor Bank, Cancer Institute, Tehran Univ. Medical Sciences, Iran
Prof. Anthony B. Miller, MD, FRCP, University of Toronto, Canada
Prof. Ayse G. Canseven (Kursun), Ph.D., Gazi University, Faculty of Medicine, Dept. of Biophysics, Turkey
Prof. Beatrice Golomb, MD, Ph.D., University of California at San Diego School of Medicine, USA
Prof. Besarion Partsvania, Ph.D., Head of Bio-cybernetics Department of Georgian Technical University, Georgia
Prof. Danica Dimitrijevic, Ph.D., Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Prof. David O. Carpenter, MD, Director, Institute for Health and the Environment, University of New York at Albany, USA
Prof. Dong Hyun Kim, Ph.D., Dept. of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Incheon St. Mary’s Hospital, Catholic University of
Prof. Dr. Abu Bakr Abdel Fatth El-Bediwi, Ph.D., Physics Dept., Faculty of Science, Mansoura University, Egypt
Prof. Dr. Angelo Levis, MD, Dept. Medical Sciences, Padua University, Italy
Prof. Dr. B. D. Banerjee, Ph.D., Fmr. Head, Environmental Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, India
Prof. Dr. Elena Lopez Martin, Ph.D., Human Anatomy, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Prof. Dr. Emad Fawzy Eskander, Ph.D., Medical Division, Hormones Department, National Research Center, Egypt
Prof. Dr. Ersan Odacı, MD, Ph.D., Karadeniz Technical University, Medical Faculty, Trabzon, Turkey
Prof. Dr. Franz Adlkofer, MD, Chairman, Pandora Foundation, Germany
Prof. Dr. Heba Salah El Din Aboul Ezz, Ph.D., Physiology, Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Egypt
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Zülküf Akdağ, Ph.D., Department of Biophysics, Medical School of Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Prof. Dr. Miguel Alcaraz, MD, Ph.D., Radiology and Physical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Spain
Prof. Dr. Mohammad Shabani, Ph.D., Neurophysiology, Kerman Neuroscience Research Center, Iran
Prof. Dr. Mustafa Salih Celik, Ph.D., Fmr. Head, Turkish Biophysical Society; Head, Biophysics Dept; Medical Faculty, Dicle Univ., Turkey
Prof. Dr. Nasr Radwan, Ph.D., Neurophysiology, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Egypt
Prof. Dr. Nesrin Seyhan, B.Sc., Ph.D., Medical Faculty of Gazi University; Chair, Biophysics Dept; Director GNRK Ctr.; Panel Mbr, NATO STO HFM; Scientific Secretariat Member, ICEMS; Advisory Committee Member, WHO EMF, Turkey
Prof. Dr. Soheila Abdi, Ph.D., Physics, Islamic Azad University of Safadasht, Tehran, Iran
Prof. Dr. Speridione Garbisa, ret. Senior Scholar, Dept. Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Prof. Dr. Stanislaw Szmigielski, MD, Ph.D., Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Poland
Prof. Dr. Suleyman Dasdag, Ph.D., Dept. of Biophysics, Medical School of Dicle University, Turkey
Prof. Dr. Tsun-Jen Cheng, MD, Sc.D., National Taiwan University, Republic of China
Prof. Dr. Yoon-Myoung Gimm, Ph.D., School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Dankook University, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Dr. Yoon-Wong Kim, MD, Ph.D., Hallym University School of Medicine, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Emeritus Lukas H. Margaritis, Ph.D., Depts. Cell Biology, Radiobiology & Biophysics, Biology Faculty, Univ. of Athens, Greece
Prof. Enrique A. Navarro, Ph.D., Department of Applied Physics and Electromagnetics, University of Valencia, Spain
Prof. Eugene Sobel, Ph.D., Retired, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, USA
Prof. Fernanda Amicarelli, Ph.D., Applied Biology, Dept. of Health, Life and Environmental Sciences, University of L’Aquila, Italy
Prof. Franco Cervellati, Ph.D., Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, Italy
Prof. G.A. Jelodar, D.V.M., Ph.D., Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Shiraz University, Iran
Prof. Ha-Rim Kim, Dept.of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Dankook University, South Korea (Republic of Korea
Prof. Haihiu Zhang, Ph.D., School of Food & BioEngineering, Jiangsu University, China
Prof. Hamid Mobasheri, Ph.D., Head, BRC; Head, Membrane Biophysics & Macromolecules Lab; Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Iran
Prof. Hidetake Miyata, Ph.D., Department of Physics, Tohoku University, Japan
Prof. Huai Chiang, Bioelectromagnetics Key Laboratory, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, China
Prof. Hui-yan Zhao, Director of STSCRW, College of Plant Protection, Northwest A & F University, Yangling Shaanxi, China
Prof. Igor Yakymenko, Ph.D., D.Sc., Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology & Radiobiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Prof. J. Zhao, Department of Chest Surgery, Cancer Center of Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Prof. J.L. Bardasano, D.Sc, University of Alcalá, Department of Medical Specialties, Madrid, Spain
Prof. Jianbao Zhang , Associate Dean, Life Science and Technology School, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
Prof. Jim Burch, MS, Ph.D., Dept.of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, USA
Prof. Jitendra Behari, Ph.D., Ex-Dean, Jawaharlal Nehru University; presently, Emeritus Professor, Amity University, India
Prof. Jung Keog Park, Ph.D. , Life Science & Biotech; Dir., Research Instit.of Biotechnology, Dongguk University, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Kiwon Song, Ph.D., Dept. of Chemistry, Yonsei University, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Klaus-Peter Ossenkopp, Ph.D., Department of Psychology (Neuroscience), University of Western Ontario, Canada
Prof. Kwon-Seok Chae, Ph.D., Molecular-ElectroMagnetic Biology Lab, Kyungpook National University, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Livio Giuliani, Ph.D., Director of Research, Italian Health National Service, Rome-Florence-Bozen; Spokesman, ICEMS – International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety, Italy
Prof. Marie-Claire Cammaerts, Ph.D., Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Science, Brussels, Belgium
Prof. Massimo Sperini, Ph.D., Center for Inter-University Research on Sustainable Development, Rome, Italy
Prof. Michael A. Persinger, Ph.D., Behavioural Neuroscience and Biomolecular Sciences, Laurentian University, Canada
Prof. Michael J. O’Carroll, Emeritus Professor, former Pro Vice-Chancellor, Sunderland University, UK.
Prof. Minglian Wang, Ph.D., College of Life Science & Bioengineering, Beijing University of Technology, China
Prof. Myeung Ju Kim, MD, Ph.D., Department of Anatomy, Dankook University College of Medicine, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. N.N. Sareesh, Ph.D., Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal University, India
Prof. Najam Siddiqi, MBBS, Ph.D., Human Structure, Oman Medical College, Oman
Prof. Nam Kim, Ph.D., School of Information and Communications Engineering, Chungbuk National University, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Olle Johansson, Ph.D., Experimental Dermatology Unit, Dept. of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Prof. Om P. Gandhi, Ph.D., Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah, USA
Prof. Omar Elmas, MD, Ph.D., Mugla Sitki Kocman University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Turkey
Prof. Qun Wang, Ph.D., College of Materials Science & Engineering, Beijing University of Technology, China
Prof. Rashmi Mathur, Ph.D., Head, Department of Physiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Prof. S.M.J. Mortazavi, Ph.D., Head, Medical Physics & Engineering; Chair, NIER Protection Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Prof. Salvatore Magazù, Ph.D., Department of Physics and Science, Messina University, Italy
Prof. Sergio Adamo, Ph.D., La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Prof. Simona Carrubba, Ph.D., Biophysics, Daemen College, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Neurology Dept., USA
Prof. Sinerik Ayrapetyan, Ph.D .,Life Sciences International Postgraduate Educational Center, UNESCO Chair, Armenia
Prof. Stefano Falone, Ph.D., Researcher in Applied Biology, Dept. of Health, Life and Environmental Sciences, University of L’Aquila, Italy
Prof. Suleyman Kaplan, Ph.D., Deputy Chancellor; Dir. Health Services; Head, Dept. Histology & Embryology, Turkey
Prof. Sungman Park, Ph.D., Institute of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, Hallym University, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Tsuyoshi Hondou, Ph.D., Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University, Japan
Prof. Wenjun Sun, Ph.D., Bioelectromagnetics Key Lab, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, China
Prof. Xiaodong Liu, Director, Key Lab of Radiation Biology, Ministry of Health of China; Associate Dean, School of Public Health, Jilin University, China
Prof. Ying Li, Ph.D., InVitroPlus Labs, Dept. of Surgery, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Canada
Prof. Young Hwan Ahn, MD, Ph.D, Ajou University Medical School, South Korea (Republic of Korea)
Prof. Yuqing Duan, Ph.D., Food & Bioengineering, Jiangsu University, China
Prof. Yury Grigoryev, MD, Chairman, Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, Russian Federation
Senior Prof. Dr. Leif Salford, MD. Department of Neurosurgery, Director, Rausing Laboratory, Lund University, Sweden
Vânia Araújo Condessa, MSc., Electrical Engineer, Belo Horizonte, Brazil